Crown vs. Caribbean

bmweezer

In a nutshell, what are the differences between these two ships? I know that they are basically the same, but for those of us that are going on each of these in the coming months, it would be nice to know the differences - however subtle.

Appreciated,

B

One of the biggest things I saw was the back of the ship. ON th CB, the bar (skywalkers - I think) reaches over the aft pool causing it to be in the shade. The bar doesn't come out as far on the Crown so the aft pool is in the sun. One deck up from the aft pool is a teen hot tub and area on the Crown. On the CB this deck has a lot of lounge chairs for a nice peaceful spot without the crowds.

In a nutshell, what are the differences between these two ships? I know that they are basically the same, but for those of us that are going on each of these in the coming months, it would be nice to know the differences - however subtle.

Appreciated,

B

At the present time, the Caribbean Princess(CB) does not have The Sanctuary, International Cafe or Vines. CB's steak house is Sterling's which is slightly different from the Crown Grill. I confirmed with Princess today that when the CB goes into dry dock at the end of April '08, it will be refitted with a Sanctuary, International Cafe and Vines wine bar. Also, Sterling's will be replaced by the Crown Grill. So when CB repositions to NYC for her Summer '08 cruises, she will be more like her sister ships, Crown and Emerald.

Other differences.....Sabatini's on CB is located where the Crown Grill is on the Crown. There is no Adagio lounge on the CB. Sterlings (CB)is located where the Wheelhouse Bar is on the Crown. The Wheelhouse Bar on CB is located between Sabatini's and Explorers.

On the Crown, the traditional dining room is Botticelli in the rear of the ship. On the CB, traditional is in the Island on Plaza deck off the atrium.

On the Crown, the pizzeria and Scoops ice cream are located together. On CB, they are on opposite areas by the pool.

On the Crown, the internet cafe is located on Plaza deck on the atrium. On the CB, it's on Promenade Deck next the Sterling's.

That's all can think of off the top of my head. I hope that's what you were looking for.:)

Archived