CB minisuite mattress

newrivercruiser

O.K., I'm confused.

I've read lots of negative posts regarding the mattresses on Princess and the need to request an "egg-crate" BUT the mini-suite "perks" specifically refers to a "Beautyrest" mattress.

So which is it?? Good matress or not??

Thanks

Yep, I agree, it is really confusing. But I can tell you that the last couple of times we have sailed on the CB, the mattress wasn't just bad, it was the worst of the worst. And from what I am reading, they are not going to be changed out until possibly when she goes into dry dock next spring. :eek: :eek:

I wouldn't think it would take a dry dock to change out the mattresses in the mini suites and full suites. But then, on the Dawn Princess in April, our full suite had a really bad mattress too and we had to request two egg crate mattress pads just to make it tolerable. :( The room steward knew how bad the mattress was so he had the mattress pads ready and waiting. Now, that is a crying shame to pay that kind of money for a full suite to find a bed in that kind of condition.

In another couple of weeks, I may enquire about this onboard if the mattress is as bad as it was last time. No fun being on vacation if you wake up with a terrible back ache each morning.

"Like a Rock" was the theme song for our (new) mattress on CB in a mini-suite.

I like firm mattresses, but this had all the give of the garage floor. My shoulder ached after the first night, but the eggcrate (obtained on the second day) made it ok -- not great, but acceptable.

I don't know who test drove those mattresses and why they were chosen, but if a confirmed "I like a firm mattress person" finds them way too hard, I'm not sure who does like them.

Archived