The Salem witch museum

WendyG

Has anyone ever done this tour out of Boston? It looks SO interesting but it's an 8 hour excursion and I would hate to waste my entire day if it isn't worth it. Has anyone done this tour and and how was it? I love the whole witch thing and they narrate how it was and it also goes to Marblehead (whatever that is) and someplace else (brochuure is in my car) but out of all the excursions this one really caught my eye.

Opinions???

Thanks! :)

Has anyone ever done this tour out of Boston? It looks SO interesting but it's an 8 hour excursion and I would hate to waste my entire day if it isn't worth it. Has anyone done this tour and and how was it? I love the whole witch thing and they narrate how it was and it also goes to Marblehead (whatever that is) and someplace else (brochuure is in my car) but out of all the excursions this one really caught my eye.

Opinions???

I have never done Salem as a tour because i live in MA but we go up there several times a year. Personally I love Salem, There are lots of fantastic museums. The Peabody Essex being my favorite. Going to Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of the 7 Gables on the Waterfront is beautiful and you can have tea or lunch in the garden over looking the harbor. Pickering Wharf has a lot of shops on the waterfront. You can see man buildings built in the 1600's and 1700's. Here's a nice site that shows you around the town.

http://www.salemweb.com/guide/tour/

If you are interested in witch things there are stores to have readings, buy potions, etc...

There is also a monument set up in a courtyard with the name of each person who was unjustly killed for being a witch. The cemetary next to the memorial has graves of famous inhabitants such as the Hawthornes. They used to offer grave stone rubbings but it's been discontinued due to people damaging the stones. The trees in the cemetary are like 300 hundred + years old. There is also a place in Derby Square that you can have your pic taken in a stock, lol. It is a fun place with a lot of historical significance. If you decide on it, have a great time, you'll definitely not lack for things to seee and do.

Opinions???

Wendy G,

I would most definitely recommend Salem. However, I do not recall it taking 8 hours. I went to Salem 2 different times on 2 different cruise lines and enjoyed it both times. It was also combined with a visit to Marblehead which is another interesting place.

MARAPRINCE

My husband is from Mass (north of Boston) and we did a day-trip a few years ago to Salem/Marblehead. You will not regret taking this excursion! We are doing the Oct 6 Princess CA/NE cruise, and the only reason we are not doing that excursion is because we've pretty much done everything it offers. We figured we'd do something neither of us have seen before. We had a great time with all the different witch places in Salem, it was interesting & lots of fun! ENJOY :D

Archived