Do you eat in the restaurant or on deck for pirate night ? Rotation dining ?

gsquaredstwins

OK- so I am trying to figure it all out.

Pirates night is a BIG PARTY - but do you go to yourt assigned dining room at whatever time you have reserved

OR do you go on deck and eat at whatever time you choose to go ???

If you actually eat on deck- then that means on a 7 nt cruise- you would be eating in each restaurant 2 times each ???

It appears that the 1st 3 nights you eat whatever the menu items are for the restaurant you are assigned to that evening.

Then on nights 5 , 6 and 7 you eat a set menu no matter what dining room you are at ??? That means the entire ship is eating the same menu items on nights 5,6,7 ??? So which restaurant you are in doesnt really matter ??? Its just the decor that will be different ?

The Pirate night party occurs after the second dinner sating has finished. You can go to your regular seating. The dinning rooms all have special menus for Pirate night. The waiters pass out pirate bandanas for everyone. I'm not sure if you eat in the buffet area if there is anything special to celebrate Pirate night.

The Pirate show is followed by fireworks and then a dessert buffet. It's a lot of fun.

On one of my past Disney cruises, I was on late seating and the party was already kicking in full motion by the time we were out of our restaurant. Save room if you're on the late seating because it isn't just dessert.

They had some food items too.

How much to people dress up for Pirates night? Is this something I would have known about beforehand if I hadn't been on cruise critics (i.e. would we have been told with our cruise documents)? I'm just wondering how much we should prepare, at least for our three year old. Thanks everyone!

What they said. I would like to add (having just sailed), the pirate dinner itself isn't that exciting. The waiters are dressed up, you get a bandanna, and they do a brief limbo routine. We made a point to make Palo reservations that wouldn't conflict with pirate night dinner, and that was a mistake. Pirate night is the third night of the cruise (at least during the 4 night cruise), and you eat in the same restaurant that you ate in for the second night. We ate at Palo the second night, missing Animator's Palate. They don't run the Animator's Palate "show" during pirate night dinner, so we missed out on that. We were dissapointed.

Archived