Dining in Ottawa and Toronto

We are having our 46th anniversary on Oct. 11 and will be in Ottawa. Can you give us some special recommendations for dining there? Also, we have been told that Toura in Toronto is a very nice place for dinner. Any other suggestions? Thank you. Tapper

We live in Ottawa. Our favourite restaurant is The Courtyard. In fact, that is where we got engaged. Pieter is the head waiter and has an incredible knowledge of wines (there are many wines not listed on the wine list, just ask).

The Table d'Hote is always our choice too.

It is in a very old stone building with open ceilings in the "Market" area of Ottawa. THe food is excellent, the ambience is warm, and there is no rush to eat. Take your time and enjoy!

Allen and Margarita

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of good restaurants in Ottawa but in my opinion Wilfreds is one of the best (in fact I just took my wife there last weekend). They have a varied menu that should offer something for every taste. I'm sure if you contacted the hotel they would fax/e-mail you a copy.

The decor is nice without being too modern or formal. The service is always excellent as well. And, before (or after if you prefer) dinner you can go to Zoe's (also in the Chateau) for a pre-dinner drink (may I recommend the Martinis).

Enjoy your trip (and don't forget to drive through Gatineau park while in Ottawa, the leaves should be in full colour).

Archived