Rental Car, Punta Sur, & Paradise Beach

nasvhillecruise

After some great tips from CC members, I've decided to rent a car & do Punta Sur. Does anyone know of any good restaurants on that side of the island?

Also, I would like to do Paradise Beach while there. We are in Cozumel 8 to 5. This is my 1st cruise, so I'm not sure when you're expected back, I'm assuming by 4 or 4:30. Anyway, is there enough time to do Punta Sur for a few hours, then lunch on "the wild side" of the island, & finally Paradise Beach? Any advice is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Punta Sur is the southern end of the island and as far as I know, there are no places to eat really close by. However, the island is small enough that you won't have to drive far to find food. The food I've had at Playa Palancar was pretty good, good enough for me to eat there again :) That is the closest place to Punta Sur on the West side of the island. Further up on the East Side is Chen Rio for swimming and Coconuts for food and the view.

I really recommend the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com if you don't already have it.

I'd plan to allow time to return the vehicle and be back at the ship by at least 4:15 PM. A sailing time of 5:00 PM means an all aboard at 4:30 PM. Best not to be late.

Archived