Shuttles to/from port - Charleston SC

canadiangirltoo

I was just wondering about people's experiences with hotel shuttles. If a hotel offers a shuttle from the port back to the hotel (where we're hoping to leave our car), is the shuttle waiting when we leave the ship or do we have to call them? Does one shuttle service various hotels so that it has to make numerous stops? Do they tend to fill up quickly and has anyone ever had a lengthy wait for a hotel shuttle?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

i found one on line a couple of years ago that said they had a shuttle. booked direct to get the cruise pkg (w/parking). called & confirmed. when we got there they said there was no shuttle, so we pd $20 each way. it was the hampton inn in mt pleasant. i complained to hilton ( the parent co) got e mail but no follow-up. i sent a letter & talked to several people on the phone. that is the only time it has ever happened to us, but i don't intend to stay @ any of their hotels again.

We stayed on the river in Charleston proper. Got a shuttle to the port but took a taxi back since there was no real way to know exactly what time we'd need a shuttle. Taxis were available without a problem, probably because we disembarked relatively early before the big crowds.

Frankly, it was so convenient and so close to our hotel that we didn't care about the cost (after spending so much on the cruise). Enjoy!

Archived