Cruise/Air Providence to San Juan

This isn't exactly an answer, but have you checked out flights leaving from Bradley? We live in CT, and we're closer to Green and prefer it, but we find that the 7:30am AA Bradley direct to San Juan flight is usually cheaper and easier than the one out of Providence/Green. Even our family that lives in Rhode Island is leaving out of Bradley instead of Green/Providence when we go to San Juan in January. Just trying to help you out! :p

Good luck!

Laura

The Delta flights looked the best to me since they went into Orlando, instead of Pittsburg or other places that can be bad in the winter. And you got these flights through RCCI? Did you go day of cruise???

Good Evening:

Yes, these flights were booked thru Royal Caribbean along with my 2 day pre hotel.

Because 2 of our yearly cruises are in the winter (Feb and Nov), we like to go a few days ahead of time just in case.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Have a good evening.

I live in Providence and am doing AOS in late September. American Airlines out of Boston has 3 nonstop flights daily...6AMish, 930AMish, and 1PMish to SJU. From SJU to BOS its 9AMish, 230PMish, and 6PMish. All flights are nonstop and are about 4 hours flightime. I got my roundtrip airfare with taxes for $268. For this reason, I wouldn't bother to book it through RCCL, you save more money doing it yourself. And I did this in 2006 for AOS too. AA also participates in that baggage delivery service through RCCL for $10 per person. I'd rather go to Logan, its easier for me than Bradley. Hope this helps. ~Valerie

Just checked out the flights out of Logan for 2-16, returning 2-24 (school vacation week) and they were as much or more than the RCCI cruise/air... Guess we'll stick with these. We're both teachers, I just hope we don't get in at midnight with school the next day... Wish us luck!

We booked our air with RCCL for our 3/8/08 cruise on Serenade leaving out of San Juan. We are flying to Puerto Rico one day early due to fears of New England weather. How far in advance can you find out what air line arrangements the cruise line has made for you? It really is easier for us to leave out of Green as we live only 10 minutes away.

If you are flying at a time when the school kids are on vacation, it always pay to check out what the cruiseline is offering for airfare .The cruiseline may have blocked space that isn't available to the general public even this far in advance. At least if you check out all your options, you can decide which makes the most sense for your situation. Don't automatically assume that there is only one right way to book your airfare. You might end up paying more than you have to or getting flights that aren't optimal. Check first and then decide.:)

We booked our air with RCCL for our 3/8/08 cruise on Serenade leaving out of San Juan. We are flying to Puerto Rico one day early due to fears of New England weather. How far in advance can you find out what air line arrangements the cruise line has made for you? It really is easier for us to leave out of Green as we live only 10 minutes away.

Good Morning:

Your travel agent or Royal Caribbean can tell you 330 days before your cruise what the flight info is.

Well we live in Warwick RI and did the 4/15/07 AOS cruise and flew out of PVD on USAIR set up by RCI...Well where to start we were to fly out on the day of the cruise at 11:30am and do to the New England weather/mechanical problems the flight to Phili was delayed and we miss our next flight from PA to San Juan and the next flight we could catch would put us in to late to make the ship....

Long story short there ended up being 25 people who were in the same boat. After many phone calls to RCI the said there was nothing they can do for us and we could catch the ship down line in St lucia...We headed to San Juan and were going to try to get to ST Lucia as the plane lands in San Juan the come over the PA and say "for all the people on this flight going on the Royal Caribbean cruise there is a cruise line rep waiting to bring you to the ship" So for some reason they held the ship (which they said the Captian would not do) and they rushed us to the ship 10 min after it should have sailed they rushed us on and all was good!!!

There are 2 leasons we learned 1st ALWAYS GO THE DAY BEFORE the peace of mind is well worth the cost (this was the 1st time in 15 cruises we left the day of) 2nd NEVER BOOK WITH THE CRUISE LINE there is 0 benifit....

This will be the first time my husband and I have flown in the day before the cruise so we're not worried about cancelled flights or bad New England weather. On our last cruise the ship also waited for us as our connecting flight was delayed. We were also rushed onto the ship during muster drill and were told to go to our cabin until the muster drill was completed.

Archived