MCO > Intercontinental Miami > Liberty OTS Cruise

cullinp

Hi,

We're flying in from Manchester in the UK direct to MCO with Virgin instead of changing in London or the States in order to get a direct flight into Miami. I've hired an SUV from Dollar and plan to ask for a Sat Nav and drive to the Intercontinental in Miami (Opp Bayside) for our 1 night pre cruise stay. I've thought about keeping the car overnight and taking a drive out to South Beach in the evening then returning it to Dollar in the morning before joining Liberty OTS.

Does anyone have any advice on any aspect of the trip? I've never driven in the States before but have done in other European countries where they also drive on the wrong side of the road ;)! Any must see's or do's during a quick 24hr pre cruise in Miami?

Thanks for all the advice on the forum, its invaluable and I'm sure our Honeymoon will be a 100% more enjoyable experience thanks to all your insider knowledge.

PC

Manchester, UK.

It will be great having your own car to get around the area, there's lots to

see and you can follow your own schedule. If you go to South Beach in the evening, for dinner and/or drinks, I would recommend taking a cab from the

Intercontinental, because parking in SOBE in the evening can be difficult and

time consuming.

Have a great time on your cruise!

That sounds like a good plan. Parking at the Intercontinental is expensive. If you don't get to SOBE in the evening, drive their in the morning for breakfast at the News Cafe. It is a great old restaurant on the corner across from the beach. If you go early enought, curbside parking may be possible.

In the evening you can walk to Bayside Marketplace from the hotel and enjoy the sights. There are a few good restaurants including Hard Rock Cafe and Bubba Gumps.

Bon Voyage

Archived