getting lei boarding ship

berly369

I will be going on RCL re-positioning cruise to Hawaii from LAX in September. I am just curious if anyone has done this cruise and if the cruiselines give a lei apon boarding??? Otherwise I have a silk one I would like to wear.:)

Upon boarding for our Pride of America cruise I received a lovely flower lei and my hubby a shell one! However, we boarded in Oahu so that may make a difference. Ask this question on the RCI board too if you don't get an answer about your specific cruise line here.

I will be going on RCL re-positioning cruise to Hawaii from LAX in September. I am just curious if anyone has done this cruise and if the cruiselines give a lei apon boarding??? Otherwise I have a silk one I would like to wear.:)

I did this a few years ago (and we're doing it again next month - are you on the Rhapsody?) and they did not give out leis. You can, however, purchase them at the embarkation port, IIRC - not through RCCL, but through 3rd party vendors. If you really want a lei to wear I'd bring your silk one to be on the safe side. You'll have a number of "Hawaiian casual" nights in the dining room where you can also use it. HTH!

I was on the NCL Pride of Hawaii and neither of us recvd a lei on the ship. I understand they were handing them out on the pool deck while the ship was pulling away from Honolulu but we were up on top watching from the bow and didn't get there in time. They did have vendors at every port selling them and they were reasonable (about $5 for silk). I would put one on your carry on bag and if you don't get a lei,you will have one handy to put on yourself.

You might get some better response if you post on the RCL board as well. I know Princess does not, but they do have vendors at the ports and some hula groups sold them on board very cheaply. Usually it would be as your pulled into port not as you leave LA.

We were on POH in June and received leis upon boarding. But we also purchased a fresh flower lei at the first port, Hilo, in the terminal by the ship for about $8 and kept in the frig. Bought another toward the end of the trip as well as one silk one.

Archived