Atrium Palace Question

I was in the process of booking the Atrium Palace for 10/05 (online) and got to the point where it asks what type of room I want. The choices are either 2 twin beds pushed together, but at the front of the hotel with a small balcony, or a queen bed at the back of the hotel.

My question is: Who has stayed at this hotel and what type of room did you get? The price they quoted is 135E for either room, so my only concern is do I want the front of the hotel or back.

Who knows what the difference is (other than the obvious)? :D

Thanks,

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Donna,

My husband and I had the queen room at the back of the hotel, over the school yard, which I enjoyed watching the little ones play in the morning. My kids had the 2 twins in the front with the balcony, the doors are soundproof so the street noise isn't noticable. I actually liked the configuration of the kids room and bath better than ours, too.:cool:

The rooms are nice either way.

Becky

Becky,

We're going there in Oct05, when the hotel will likely turn off their A/C. With windows open, I imagine the front facing rooms will get a fair bit of noise. What do your suggest for a light sleeper?

Tak

Tak...Did you request the front or back rooms? Since I couldn't get through on their website to make my reservation, I didn't specify in my emails what I wanted . I hadn't thought about the noise with the windows open.

Anne

Anne, I read on another thread that the front faces a 6 lane highway. Based on that info, I would rather have a quiet room than any possible nice view. Even though someone wrote about adults using the school site for evening sports activities til 9pm, I still consider that reasonable. Originally when I booked, I picked the front thinking that the view may be nicer, then I e-mailed them to request a quiet room. Haven't heard back yet.

I would not call it a "highway". The hotel is on a six-lane tree-ed boulevard, with one outer-lane in each direction separated from the middle four lanes by islands. We were in a room in the front of the hotel this past June. With the AC on and the windows closed, we heard nothing. There was a very small step-out balcony from which you could look up and down the boulevard. Unless one is extremely sensitive to sound, there should be no problem front or back.

Thanks for the description. I read somewhere on this message board that there's a law in Spain that requires hotels to turn off A/C in the off season. I vaguely recall that it's October.

This is at least true( the turning off A/C part, I don't know if it's a law in Italy) with one of the 4* properties in Venice that I e-mailed to enquire.

Archived