Keeno

keeno

My wife and I (both 60 yrs old) are going on our first Cruise with Costa Serena on September 8th . I have seen the 3 reviews which are not very encouraging and wonder if any one else can provide any information from a more recent trip?. Food seems to be bad, Overall organisation is bad etc,etc. Please tell me it has improved.

Any other tips for the "Novice" Cruisers?

ya, take them with a grain of salt. 3 reviews vs. thousands that cruise every week in and week out isn't a good sampling.

everybody is thier own person with seperate likes and dislikes. just becasue one faceless screen name somewhere on the other side of the internet donest like something does not mean you wont.

a cruise is what you make of it.

go in with a bad addittude and you will have a bad cruise.

reviews arn't absolute, they're just one persons's opinion. whether they're positive or negative.

Joetrizeo-Thanks for response but I don't fully agree-I see positive and negative reviews for all other ships-as this one is new (May 2007) it obviously still has teeding issues.I fully agree with having positive attitude which is what I have always done.

Even my travel agent is very concerned at what they have seen especially all say the organisation is Chaotic and food terrible

Lets wait and see if any positive review from latest trip

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the concordia last year (the sistership) and I booked on Serena for November. it will be my third cruise on costa line and I'm very confident ! I understand your afraid about the reviews online , it's difficult before a cruise to read some negative things about it.

be confident anf if you have any question about costa cruise line, ask me.

From my signature you can see I have completed 22 different cruises with 3 so far being Costa ships.

I like am 60 and my wife is 54. We consider ourselves a young 60. I like Costa a lot. But I do think Royal Caribbean has slighty better food. But for the money you get better value with Costa.

If I had to list my favorite mainline cruiselines, which are still operating, I would list them like this most liked to least liked.

1. Royal Caribbean

2. Costa

3. Holland America

4. MSC

5. Carnival

6. NCL

7. Princess

I have never sailed Celebrity.

My all time favorite line was Commodore and that might be because it as our first.

But I have never been on a gbad cruise. Just some or better than others.

Don

Archived