Los Angeles port question

ads320

We are looking into a cruise leaving from the LA cruise port. We would like to know how far is it from the LAX airport? What's the best way to get there? Does NCl provide a transfer from the airport to the cruise ship? Are there any delays that can occur during the transfer process? Thanks for the help in advance

ads320

The Port of Los Angeles (where the cruise leaves from) is about 20 miles from the Los Angeles airport (LAX).

You can take a taxi, you can take a shared passenger van like SuperShuttle or you can take the cruise ship transfer.

Do you have a preference ?

delays would be... Waiting for the shared ride van, or the shared ride van to fill up, Waiting for the cruise transfer, and traffic depending on when you transfer. You might want to avoid arriving on weekdays from maybe 3 -6:30 PM and maybe 6:30 - 9:30 AM. The weekends should be fine whenever you show up.

LAXtoPort.jpg.3bb2506e57c2d26594fd068760daae5b.jpg

Thanks for the prompt response, we were thinking of taking a flight that arrives at 12 pm the day of the sail out. the boat departs at 4 pm, would this be enough time? we do not plan to take this flight during the winter months. any thoughts anyone.

we were thinking of taking a flight that arrives at 12 pm the day of the sail out. the boat departs at 4 pm, would this be enough time?

If you like to live on the edge you have enough time.

If the flight is on time...

If you can get off the plane and get your bags on time...

If they haven't put your bags on the next flight out...

If the van is there...

If there is no traffic...

If there is nothing that slows you down at the dock/checkin ...

Then you should be fine.

Also don't they pull up the gangplanks an hour before they depart ?

Me personally, I don't like stress in my life. I would take a flight out the day before or the night before and stay in a hotel near LAX. But that's just how I feel. Those flights have a habit of getting delayed. I wouldn't want to bet my vacation on the airlines being on time.

If you like to live on the edge you have enough time.

If the flight is on time...

If you can get off the plane and get your bags on time...

If they haven't put your bags on the next flight out...

If the van is there...

If there is no traffic...

If there is nothing that slows you down at the dock/checkin ...

Then you should be fine.

Also don't they pull up the gangplanks an hour before they depart ?

Me personally, I don't like stress in my life. I would take a flight out the day before or the night before and stay in a hotel near LAX. But that's just how I feel. Those flights have a habit of getting delayed. I wouldn't want to bet my vacation on the airlines being on time.

I am in full agreement. Why stress yourself out and try to fly in the day before when there can be mechanical problems, labor problems, bankruptcy problems... Also, even if the weather may be nice where you are, we could be having the storm of the century here in L.A. Or problems in other hubs may be causing delays for the whole system.

The last time we were leaving from a port other than San Pedro, we got in Friday night for a Sunday cruise. We had Saturday to sightsee and also do a little shopping for the things we didn't want to schlep on our train trip.

Archived