PG-Aft cabins-bathtubs??

ParrotTops

Can anyone tell me which categories include a jacuzzi tub?

I'm considering moving up from HAL in 2009 and I've become accustomed to the jacuzzi tubs in their suites.

(Yes, I'm the one that takes a jacuzzi bubblebath and watches the suds roll out all over the floor...)

:D

For those of you who have stayed in the aft cabins; both the room and deck have more square footage. It would seem they are a better deal than the other rooms in the same category. Are there any downsides to these rooms, such as noise, lack of privacy, more motion etc, that you would comment on?

It did seem like we were getting a better deal for the same price. As best I recall, the center cabin, 767, which we were in was slightly larger than the other aft cabins, but I could be remembering incorrectly from the way it's drawn on the deck plan rather than actual measurements. The larger and very nice bathroom was a pleasant surprise.

The larger balcony was nice, but as I posted the thread linked above with my original comments, the glass balcony wall isn't non-reflective glass, so people walking on the deck below could look up and see you if you were standing at the edge of the balcony. If you were sitting in a chair, you're pretty much out of sight. We didn't find this a problem at all; I mention it because I know some people want a feeling of complete privacy on their balcony and might find this a little disconcerting. There were also some comments made about dirt particles from the smokestack settling down on these aft balconies. We didn't ever notice any debris, and the stewardess cleaned the balcony carefully every day, so this was also a non-issue as far as we were concerned.

We didn't have any issues with noise or motion (beyond what I'd expect on any ship at sea); if you're on the 7-day, where there's not a lot of open sea sailing, I can't imagine you'd find motion an issue.

-- Eric

Below is information from Regents website. As you can see, a typical category C stateroom is 202sf plus a 37sf balcony. The aft staterooms vary in size from 186sf to 229sf with all having balconys of about 75sf. I have stayed in 763 and the difference is sf is noticable. It seemed that there was less closest and storage space and less of a sitting area since the balcony wall curved around into the cabin space. The cabinet that the referigerator was in was also less deep and as a result the refer was not as deep as standard.

I agree with everything cruiseej said and would add that since you are at the back of the ship there is not much breeze on the balcony and it can become very hot out there especially if you are in the direct sun.

Mike

Category C

239 sq. ft.

Stateroom: 202 sq. ft.

Balcony: 37 sq. ft.

Staterooms ending in 6 and 8 have a third berth (except 7006 &766). The following staterooms vary in size and feature showers only: Stateroom 7006 (Stateroom 206 sq. ft. - Balcony 37 sq. ft.) features a very small bathroom with shower only; 763 (Stateroom 186 sq. ft. - Balcony 75 sq. ft.); 764 (Stateroom 188 sq. ft. - Balcony 75 sq. ft.); 765 (Stateroom 221 sq. ft. -Balcony 74 sq. ft.); 766 (Stateroom 216 sq. ft. - Balcony 70 sq. ft.); 767 (Stateroom 229 sq. ft. - Balcony 74 sq. ft.).

Archived