shuttle to San Pedro - where to take rental car

Nemo2005

We are visiting relatives in central CA before cruising out of San Pedro on Princess. We need to rent a car that will be simple to return before our cruise. We understand that Island Princess will cruise out of San Pedro and can certainly have our "night before" hotel near the cruise port. That being said:

1. Is there a San Pedro hotel that would have free shuttle to an airport (so we can return the car) and to the cruise port?

2. We're considering taking an LA Tour with a minibus company - do you know of any San Pedro hotels that participate in that tour option? I've heard some of the tour companies stop at larger hotels to pick up people (they do it all over Anaheim) to take them to the tourist sites of LA.

Thanks!

There are no hotels in the San Pedro area that have free shuttles to LAX or other airports.

Your options for rental cars are also limited. You can rent from the "majors" and take your car to the Long Beach airport for drop off, then cab or shuttle (paid) back to San Pedro to the port or a hotel. There are a number of hotels in the San Pedro area that will shuttle you to the ship/port (but not to the airport).

You could also choose to rent from Enterprise, which has an office across the street from the port. They have limited hours, including being closed after noon on Saturday, and no Sunday hours at all. If you take your car there, you could easily drop your luggage at a nearby San Pedro Hotel (like the Crown Plaza) and then walk back to the hotel from the Enterprise office.

What do you want to see in LA? You would probably do better with your rental car than taking a tour. I don't know of any that pick up at the port or nearby hotels except those arranged directly through the cruise line.

There are no hotels in the San Pedro area that have free shuttles to LAX or other airports.

Your options for rental cars are also limited. You can rent from the "majors" and take your car to the Long Beach airport for drop off, then cab or shuttle (paid) back to San Pedro to the port or a hotel. There are a number of hotels in the San Pedro area that will shuttle you to the ship/port (but not to the airport).

You could also choose to rent from Enterprise, which has an office across the street from the port. They have limited hours, including being closed after noon on Saturday, and no Sunday hours at all. If you take your car there, you could easily drop your luggage at a nearby San Pedro Hotel (like the Crown Plaza) and then walk back to the hotel from the Enterprise office.

What do you want to see in LA? You would probably do better with your rental car than taking a tour. I don't know of any that pick up at the port or nearby hotels except those arranged directly through the cruise line.

Last October, we rented from Avis at the Long Beach airport. We stayed in San Pedro (3 days) for our Radiance PC cruise which left Saturday. There is an Avis office in downtown Long Beach, where the trolley tracks curve. I returned the car here Sat morning and they called a cab. It was $15 to go back over the bridge to San Pedro and the hotel where we then took the shuttle to the pier. There is not much traffic on the Vincent Thomas bridge Sat. morning so the whole rt was done in 40 minutes. The Avis office was open 8-1 PM (I think) Sat only, closed Sunday.

I don't know what current hours are for this location.

Archived