Seattle free shuttle from airport AND to Amtrak

dalspot

We had thought of doing the same thing and I did some research and many of the airport hotels had shuttles to and from the airport, but none that I could find had one to Amtrak.

When the prices came out for Southwest it turned out cheaper for us to fly directly to Vancouver and a lot less hassle.

I don't know where you are from but we flew from JFK to Vancouver direct for 300$ per person round trip on Cathay Pacific. They are based in Hong Kong and were a wonderful airline.

Thanks Sue for the info. We are choosing this route not based on cost or convenience, but rather as a way to see more of the country as we go.

We'll save some money flying into Seattle via SW certainly, but we want the Amtrak train to be part of the experience. We're train buffs :).

We're also taking the Alaska RR up to Anchorage at the end of our northbound cruise, so we will be booking one-way flights both ways.

I'm thinking we'd be better staying closer to the Amtrak station as we need to be there pretty early in the AM the next day.

Last year we flew into Seattle the day before and took the Amtrak. We stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square. It was a 5 minute cab ride in the morning to the Amtrak station (and yes - you do need to be there early). Plus it was a quick walk the day we flew into Seattle to Ivars for dinner. We told the front desk the day before we needed a cab in the morning, and it was waiting for us. It was a good price for downtown Seattle and breakfast was included.

We did pay for a cab from the airport to the hotel. We stayed at the same place the night we went back to Seattle, and they also arranged an airport van service to pick us up the next day to go back to the airport. there were several others there also taking the train, so the front desk was well aware of what was needed. Have fun!!!

We can only address the train trip from Vancouver to Seattle. We've taken the train twice into Seattle from Vancouver and the taxi service (as well as luggage service) at the train station is awful-esp if there is a game goin on at the stadium accorss the street. We ended up arranging for a driver with a town car to pick us up the last time (last week), bypassing the line waiting for taxis that went all the way back into the train station. Cost $45 which included dropping us off at the Sleep Inn by the airport ($84) and then he also took my brother/wife to the airport. Its the only way to do it.

Its a beautiful ride.

Archived