Hotels with Princess Reps' in Copenhagen

Daolbuzzard

We are booked on a Baltic cruise in June/09. Our T.A. said that we could not book our hotel in Copenhagen yet as Princess has as yet to announce which ones will have their rep's available. Does Princess usually change which hotels they put their rep's in?

The cruise lines usually do not finalize the hotel plans until about a year before the start of a new year. They need to finalize their contracts with the hotels including the pricing and from time to time the cruise lines will switch to other hotels in a given city. In Copenhagen there are not that many hotels for the cruise lines to use. Many of them use the Marriott Hotel.

Keith

Hello,

I am writing this because I sense that you may be worried about your stay in Copenhagen, the location of the hotel, and if Princess will have a representative at the hotel. You need not worry about any of this.

In Copenhagen, English is spoken everywhere so there is absolutely no possibility of your getting lost, not finding the hotel, or not finding the ship. Copenhagen is a truly beautiful city, with a great (and safe) public transportation system. Three suggestions...take a canal ride while in Copenhagen (from Nyhaven which is a section of Copenhagen) and visit Friedenborg Castle. This castle with its lake, is about 20 minutes by train/bus from Copenhagen and it is not to be missed. It was the place out of town for Denmark's kings and queens. And also do not miss the Danish Resistance Museum in Churchillian Park.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Thank you both for the replies. And, YES Fred, I am about as anal as you can get. One of those folk who wish to have no negative surprises. Wife says that the planning of a trip is what I love more than the trip itself.

Thank you for the tips on what to see. We arrive in Copenhagen late on the 26th and embark on the 29th so we will try to see as much as we can. Do you book the Canal trips thru the hotels?

Thanks again very much appreciated

Hello,

You do not need to book the canal trips. When you visit the Nyhaven neighborhood or section of Copenhagen (this is one of the most photographed places in Copenhagen...very colorful buildings) you will see the boats and ticket booth. Each tour boat carries a good number of persons so you probably won't have to wait very long for your trip.

Please remember that while Copenhagen is not very big, you will need to use public transportation, and I suggest that you obtain a Copenhagen Discover or tourist card. A tourist office is located across the street from the main train station (there is a very busy McDonald's in the train station) where you can get the card and a very helpful person will explain how to use it. The card allows you unlimited access to public transportation including trains. When getting off buses watch carefully for bicycle riders as just about everyone rides a bicycle in Copenhagen, even very prosperous professionals and business men and women.

Copenhagen is also a city for walking, so have a pair of walking shoes.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Thanks, Fred. I was able to get on the net and find chp cards etc. Do you reccomend we get on thru the internet or wait till we get to Copenhagen? I am hoping to maybe use one of the cards on our return trip to the airport as we need to leave the day we disembark and catch a flight to Amsterdam.

Again THANK YOU for the most appreciated information

Bryan

Hello,

If you are going to be in Copenhagen for less than two days, the card may not be cost effective. I am sure that the Copenhagen Transportation Authority has an Internet site as well as someone to answer your e-mails.

Hope that you have a wonderful cruise and visit to Europe.

Fred

Hello, Fred

Thanks for the information. I found a site for Copenhagen that discussed the CPH card and its options.

Hope to have a good time in Europe...am about to call the local health authority and see if I need any innoculations for the different countries. Sure hope not cuz needles and I just do NOT agree.

Thanks again

Bryan

Archived