Mexician Riviera-Need Advice

boss_lady

Just returned from Alaskan cruise:( and need to start planning our next cruise and we need some advice from the wonderful cruise critic members. Looking to go in Feb-Apr. 2009 on NCL Star. Are these good months to go? Are the okay at this time? What is the weather like for these months? One more question for now. We will be traveling with another couple and want to know if we should book 2 cabins or 1 suite that accomodates 4 adults? Thanks in advance.

Bosslady:)

Feb-Apr. 2009 should be ideal weather wise. It may get a little warm towards April. But it won't be blazing hot like the summer can be.

here is some info I picked off of a Cabo San Lucas webpage:

What is the weather like in Los Cabos?

The average year-round temperature is 78F. During the high tourist season, October to April, the temperature is typically 80F during the day and cools to the 60 is at night. In the low season, May to September, the temperature will go up to 100+F during the day and stay in the upper 70's and low 80's in the evening. The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 75F. The climate is arid with over 300 days of sunshine, with some reports of over 350 days. Average annual rainfall is 5-10 inches(12.7-25.4cm), most with occurring during the months of September and October

Per the cabin/suite thing, I am not aware of any suites with a separate living room and 2 bedrooms. Therefore I would suggest you get two separate cabins. That will give you alittle more privacy. You can always vist in their cabin or in the public areas.

Feb-Apr. 2009 should be ideal weather wise. It may get a little warm towards April. But it won't be blazing hot like the summer can be.

here is some info I picked off of a Cabo San Lucas webpage:

What is the weather like in Los Cabos?

The average year-round temperature is 78F. During the high tourist season, October to April, the temperature is typically 80F during the day and cools to the 60 is at night. In the low season, May to September, the temperature will go up to 100+F during the day and stay in the upper 70's and low 80's in the evening. The average year-round water temperature in the Sea of Cortez is 75F. The climate is arid with over 300 days of sunshine, with some reports of over 350 days. Average annual rainfall is 5-10 inches(12.7-25.4cm), most with occurring during the months of September and October

Per the cabin/suite thing, I am not aware of any suites with a separate living room and 2 bedrooms. Therefore I would suggest you get two separate cabins. That will give you alittle more privacy. You can always vist in their cabin or in the public areas.

Thank you that is wanted I wanted to know. Would you recommend 2 balconies or oceanviews?

Ocean views are a waste of money in my opinion. If you can't afford a balcony, get an inside cabin for a lot cheaper. You can't open the windows for fresh air, doesn't give you any extra room, what is the point? JMO

Lots of people would disagree with you on that.

It's all about personal choice. If you want to see out a bit, and don't like that claustrophobic feel of an inside room and are willing to pay a little more then an ocean view room is for you

definetley get 2 rooms,,,,

more privacy...1 room for 4 is very tight, and only 1 bathroom,,

those months you are looking at are perfect,, its still whale season, and the weather in mexico is warm, not too hot yet....

i would go for a balcony, if money isnt a problem, if not , go for the inside... we got the cheapest room on our last cruise to hawaii , and it was the nicest,, and we had the best service... so it was worth saving over 3000!!!!! ...

have a great time you will like NCL star. we went on that cruise 2 times in 1 year ...

Jan, Feb, and probably at least half of March, it will be cold your first at-sea day and also your last. Plan on being indoors for much of those 2 days or at least in an area that is protected from the wind.

We went on Carnival Spirit, end of Feb, 2006 on a similar itinery. Acapulco will be the hottest but not unbearable. If you can do 2 balcony cabins, that would be my choice. On Spirit, you can open the door between 2 balconys if they are side by side. The balcony's are small though. But you will really appreciate having 2 bathrooms.

Thank you to all who have posted. It gives me lots to think upon. I am really leaning towards 2 balconies or possible 2 oceanviews. We had an oceanview last week on the Star to Alaska and enjoyed the view. I even was able to take pictures and they turned out great. Again thank you. Lots to consider before booking.

• 1 month later...

Thank you to all you posted replies. Here is an update: we are booked on the Star with NCL for Feb. 14, 2009 to the Mexican Riviera. Went ahead and reserved a balcony on deck 8, cabin 8060. Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Also we are going by ourselves again unless I can talk a few family/friends to join us. If anyone has some advice I would appreciate it. Can we do tours on our own? Thanks in advance.

We travel to the Mexican Riviera quite a bit (both cruising and shore vacations) and we love the weather in the Winter months. Typically in the high 70's to mid 80's during the day and high 60's to low 70's at night with very little chance of rain. Bring a windbreaker for the first and last days and maybe a light sweater to wear in the evenings while in Mexico. The only downside of traveling that time of year is that the water temps are considerably cooler, so diving and water sports won't be quite as enjoyable as in warmer months. If you check airfare and hotel pricing on the Mexican Riviera you can see that the Winter months are their "high season" (much like Florida). Other than late Fall (when the water is still warm), January, February and March are best bets for this region of Mexico. Have fun...!!!

We travel to the Mexican Riviera quite a bit (both cruising and shore vacations) and we love the weather in the Winter months. Typically in the high 70's to mid 80's during the day and high 60's to low 70's at night with very little chance of rain. Bring a windbreaker for the first and last days and maybe a light sweater to wear in the evenings while in Mexico. The only downside of traveling that time of year is that the water temps are considerably cooler, so diving and water sports won't be quite as enjoyable as in warmer months. If you check airfare and hotel pricing on the Mexican Riviera you can see that the Winter months are their "high season" (much like Florida). Other than late Fall (when the water is still warm), January, February and March are best bets for this region of Mexico. Have fun...!!!

Thank you for this information. It helps alot. Not into diving or water sports so that won't be a problem. Would like to walk along the beach and have the water splash on the feet and legs. Does anyone have any good information into seeing a bull fight? Which port, cost and can you book it with NCL? My dh would like to see one if possible. Would you recommend american money and/or pecos? I know I will have lots of questions as the time gets nearer. Thanks in advance.

we stayed in cabin 8550 which is same deck right across from where you are staying.

the rooms are nice. the bathroom area where the toliet is, is SMALL...

just to warn you.. .

We had cabin 8652 same deck this past August. Are the bathrooms the same size or smaller if you have a balcony? Just curious. Thank you.

We had cabin 8652 same deck this past August. Are the bathrooms the same size or smaller if you have a balcony? Just curious. Thank you.

they were the same size...

we stayed in a balcony and our family were in insides, everything was the same size..

they were the same size...

we stayed in a balcony and our family were in insides, everything was the same size..

Thank you! If I have any more questions I will post here. You have been most helpful. I have learned alot from these boards.

Archived