Pride of Hawaii - Hula Dancers on the Cruise?

wrahn2002

• Administrators
Does the POH bring on Hula Dancers as part of the entertainment?

I've been on three cruises of Hawaii with three different cruise lines and they had hula dancers as part of the entertainment.

Thanks,

Wes

The only hula dancers we saw on POH in July were at a show on embarkation day from Honolulu -- it was a VERY good show in Spinnaker's, starting at 5:00 PM, but the dancers were local and left the ship before sailaway later that night. However, big caveat here, we skipped almost all of the night time entertainment on our cruise -- we were heavy into the islands and shore excursions, and after dinner we were ready to crash and refresh for the next day's port. For all I know, several nights they had hula offerings and we missed them -- but I checked my Freestyle Dailies and apart from hula "lessons" on board and a final show with the students/pax, I didn't see anything featured.

Michelle is right with the exception of the lava viewing. They had the same dancers onboard right outside the Medusa lounge to see the lava flow and they did a special dance for us in the dark. Their dances tell a story so they had a narrator explaining what they were doing and what it represented. Really awesome.

• Administrators
Michelle is right with the exception of the lava viewing. They had the same dancers onboard right outside the Medusa lounge to see the lava flow and they did a special dance for us in the dark. Their dances tell a story so they had a narrator explaining what they were doing and what it represented. Really awesome.

<cry> Our cruise was after the Father's Day weekend earthquakes in June that changed the lava flow -- our trip didn't bother trying the nighttime Kilauea viewing; more recent trips do a sail-by to look at some reflected incandescence on the clouds. Just once in my life I want to be in the "right place at the right time" for something so cool! :)

Archived