NCL Pearl/Gem - Where is the ship entrance?

cpdad

I was just wondering where the "main entrance" is for this class of ship. That is, at the time of embarkation just how/where does one enter the ship? Is there a different deck used for entering from a dock versus a tender? I am sailing on the brand new Gem in October, but I believe it is a "cookie cutter" model of the Pearl. So perhaps some experienced Pearl cruisers have the answer.

Thanks.

you follow the ramp. going on the 1st time, they will have ramps and such out.

at ports, it will vary..according to what side of the ship they have to dock on...how low/high the tides are...if they need is use the tenders, etc. they will make announcements, list in it the dailys or ask at the customer service desk. at ports they may have more then 1 way to get on/off. usually one with steps and then one with a ramp. when they tender, they will use the lowest possible deck. all types of options, but no way to pre-know which they will use.

on the NCL star, the port terminal at seattle, has a long, long, steep ramp from the 2nd floor of the terminal to the 7th deck of the ship. (atrium and main deck) at the ports we had one opening, forward, with steep steps...then they would open a area (aft) with a ramp for handicap. usually around the 4th deck. but could vary if the tide is very low or extremely high.

Archived