Please help with link to State dept.

I have searched and searched the US Department of State website and I can not, for the life of me, find the current passport requirements for the Carribean.

I have a friend who has just booked a cruise for December and is worried about getting passports in time. I am trying to reassure him that he doesn't really NEED them in time and it would be ok to travel with just his birth certificate if they don't arrive.

Please help me find where it says that passports will be needed in 2008.

Thank you.

Your friend will be OK with the "Cetificate of Birth" but be sure to check the RCCL.com site on required documents at check in (under the Before You Board). It's RCCL at check in you will have to statisfy based on their interpretation of the laws not the state department, the person at check in will decide if you can cruise or not the state department shows up at the end of the cruise.

They have to look up sea travel as opposed to each countries website as most of those apply to flying in not arriving by cruise ship. The date has actually been moved to summer of 2008 but I don't think it is reflected on the website yet.

They have to look up sea travel as opposed to each countries website as most of those apply to flying in not arriving by cruise ship. The date has actually been moved to summer of 2008 but I don't think it is reflected on the website yet.

I clicked on several of the individual countries and they each speak specifically about 'sea travel'

Archived