Princess air from Vancouver

cougar

Has anyone done princess cruise air from Vancouver BC to Ft Lauderdale? what was your itinerary like? how many transfers did you have and what hour did you get to Ft Lauderdale....we have booked with our TA but are considering doing our own...waiting to hear other experiences. Thanks:)

Has anyone done princess cruise air from Vancouver BC to Ft Lauderdale? what was your itinerary like? how many transfers did you have and what hour did you get to Ft Lauderdale....we have booked with our TA but are considering doing our own...waiting to hear other experiences. Thanks:)

You could be on any airline, any flight times, and any number of connections. You could fly a very weird route-YVR/DFW/ORD/JFK/FLL.

And the really BAD thing-you won't know until 30-60 days pre cruise. Book your own flights and fly in a day early.

Post your dates and what the cruise line is charging you and we will all try to help.

Since you are coming from the west coast, it could be any flight with any airline (including a red-eye.) I would check the rates at kayak.com and see about flying in a day or two early. Most of the time it is less expensive booking your own air plus you have a day or two to adjust to the time change. No one goes non-stop from VCR to FLL so you could end up switching planes anywhere.

If you fly in early, you can also look into flying into other airports such as PBI or MIA, that gives you more flexibility on price too.

I have booked only once through a cruise line and since then, I always book my own air. I am probably going to get flamed for saying this, but my experiences of flying by various American airlines and changing planes in the U.S. have been extremely stressful. I always try to at least start by flight with a Canadian airline. There have been times when I couldn't avoid changing planes in the U.S. because of where I was going and ended up dealing with verbooked flights, mechanical problems, dirty planes, flights being cancelled, etc. If I was in your position, I would fly Air Canada or Westjet, early in the morning, change planes in Toronto and continue to Ft. Lauderdale with either AC and WestJet. I would also go a day early and spend a night in Ft. Lauderdale. If you book early, there are a lot of hotels with airport shuttles and some even with shuttles to the port. It may cost you a little more, but believe me, you will enjoy your cruise a lot more if you arrive to the port with as little stress as possible. I know that Canadians tend to while about AC, but except for a few late planes, I have never had a problem with them.

We have done the cruise air about half the time.

This time we are going Calgary to Fort Lauderdale and have kept an eye on flights for a couple of months.

For a long time the cruise air was less expensive.

We ended up booking on our own today with an Air Canada seat sale on the way there and West Jet back. It will be almost the same price as the cruise air or even a bit more by the time we add in hotel and transfers that would have been included with cruise air. Simple reason that we are willing to pay a bit more...lots of flight options are multiple connections and ALOT of them are red-eye flights with long layovers. We also like to fly in the day before...the cruiseline won't guarantee that (you could end up arriving two hours prior to sailaway.

good luck weighing out the options!

Payd:)

Archived