Liquor stores

sbm22

We sailed the Destiny last year, and there was a Duty-Free liquor store inside the terminal (Pier 6) - between the check in area and boarding the ship.

I have a page of the then current liquor prices posted here.

Have you checked with your cruise line to see if you're allowed to carry on liquor? We're on NCL later this year and they now have an absolute ban on taking on your own 'intoxicating' beverages.

Sbm22

Have you checked out the Destiny Thread on the Carnival board? Most of the questions you are asking have been addressed there. Here is a post from the Destiny thread re:Buying Liqour at the Duty-Free Shop

Im planning on waiting until I re-board the ship, after walking around Old San Juan, to get most of my liquor at the Duty-free store in the cruise terminal.

One former Destiny Cruiser said:

"As far as purchasing liquor, we checked in and then went back to the store. Bought a bottle of Absolute and 2 six packs of beer. I put it in my beach bag and had no problems getting it on the ship."

Another said:

"We got in line, which was long however we were on board in an hour. The line moved very fast. We did receive a flyer for the liquor store which was just inside the entrance to the cruise terminal, so after going to our room and dropping off our carry on's we went back to the cruise terminal and bought liquor. My Husband bought a very large size of Tangerey for $9.00, me and my girlfriend bought 2 bottles of flavored rum for $15.00 and my girlfriends husband bought a large bottle of Gran Marnier for $10.00. Very cheap and they do ask your cabin # when your purchase and then tell you put in it a carry on bag. My liquor went through the scanners but they didn't blink an eye."

Third Cruiser said:

" We were by the pier by 12:30 and we’re in our cabins by 1:15pm. Embarkation was a breeze!!! We dropped our stuff in our cabins, and walked back off the ship to go buy some liquor at that little liquor on the pier. They had free samples outside to taste the different liquors and what have you. Needless to say, after about 10 or so free shots…things got kind of hazy and bought about $100 bucks worth of booze and smuggled them back on board!!!

Here is the link to the Destiny Thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544

Archived