Locanda Orseolo---early October

There were several posts about people staying at Locanda Orseolo in early October. We'll be there from Oct. 3 until Oct. 9. It would be nice to meet for a glass of wine in the lobby one day. This will be our second stay at LO and we can hardly wait. We're planning on taking a water taxi from the airport to LO. Who else is doing this and is anyone pre-arranging a taxi? Igor said to look for Venetia Taxi but also said that they can't be booked ahead of time. Anyway,only 5 more weeks.

Joan

I was one of the people who replied and will be staying at the LO during that time frame.

We will arrive early evening on the 4th of October and will be departing on the 8th to embark on the Emerald Princess.

We will look forward to seeing you there.

My name is Dorothy Sawyer and you can give me a ring or enquire at the desk or you can watch us crawl through the water window. :D

Not sure of my room number.

I'm one of those people too!! We'll be disembarking from the Oceania Regatta on October 2nd and staying through Saturday October 6th. This is going to be fun! :D

PS - It looks like the eastern seaboard is represented!

The water window is really fun to crawl through. They pulled me in like a flounder. I am far from the world's most graceful person. We're in #14. We're in the same room as our last visit. It's such a wonderful place. Hope to meet all of you.

Joan

We were suppose to be right next to you in # 15. That's where we were on our last stay there and it was also great. Well, as you know, #15 is out of commission and I believe I am now one floor higher - maybe right above you but don't know the number.

I should be practicing going up and down my steps to prepare.

I should practice steps too, but we live in Florida and don't have any. Dorothy are you taking a water taxi from the airport? I contacted a company there and they were supposed to send a confirmation, but never did. I'll just look around and find someone willing to take us to LO and not want to drop us of at San Marco because of high water (right!!!)

Joan

Dorothy....We stayed at Locanda Orseolo pre-cruise on RSSC Navigator the night of August 24 and were in room #15. Our first stay there and what a beautiful room...it was quiet but so much fun to open the windows and wave to the people in the gondolas, watch the delivery of food in the morning, etc. My husband is a reluctant traveler but fell in love with Barbara, Gigi, Francesco and Locanda Orseolo! They certainly deserve all of their accolades. Just wanted to let you know #15 is alive and well!:rolleyes: Also, we did take the water taxi and had no trouble just walking right up and getting one with the stipulation they would take us directly to the water window. The guy who sends people off in the taxis showed the driver exactly where to go on his map. Sounds like all of you will be having fun meeting each other and enjoying Locanda Orseolo.....ENJOY!:D

Glad to hear that the rooms are getting back to normal. We liked #14 because of the sitting room. This way I don't keep my husband awake if I want to read at night. It's great that you had no trouble with the water taxi taking you directly to LO. No one wanted to take us there, but Francesco straightened the driver out.Do you remember which water taxi company you used? Is Mateo still at LO or is he at the new hotel? We'll have to go over to see him if he isn't at LO. He is just as charming as the rest of the family.

Joan

Hokie fan here! Thanks for the information about room #15. I haven't heard that they are shifting me over to that room so maybe they forgot. I only had it for a couple of nights and was suppose to move over to another room so maybe they have had so many headaches shifting people around because of the plumbing problems that they are just leaving us be. :confused:

Joan, Venezia Taxi, will take you to the Locanda Orseolo water window.

Mimi, maybe we will see you coming in as we are leaving. :)

Joan and Dorothy....

If #15 was affected by the plumbing problem, that explains to me why the bathroom looks like it has never been used.....pristine, white, clean, and sparkly! Barbara said Mateo was at the new hotel so we didn't get to meet him. We were there less than 24 hours and pretty jet lagged anyway. :eek: Hopefully there will be a next time to meet him as I've read he is as charming as the others. I only booked our cruise less than 6 weeks prior to the cruise and believe the only way I got the room at Locanda Orseolo was because of a cancellation. :p Barbara and her staff need to re-teach some of our American service people what real customer service and hospitality is, don't they? They do treat their guests just like family!

Dorothy...my OSU is Oklahoma State....met my husband there when he played football....some people interpret the OSU as Ohio State.

Joan, I'm pretty sure it was Venezia Taxi. In any case, that is the company Locanda recommends.

Bon Voyage!:D

• 2 weeks later...

You can take a water taxi or vaporetto to San Marco and follow the hotels directions to LO. I've heard that there are porters, for a fairly large fee,that will take your luggage to the hotel. They are at the vaporetto and water taxi stands. I have a terrible back and I was still able to get into the water window. Everyone is there to help you in.

Joan

Archived