MSC Armonia November Cruise

bradandtoni

I know this ship is fairly new to their fleet, but can anyone help us with "basic" information. This is our first ever cruise (very excited). It departs from Venice, and (basically) visits Greek islands, and croatia. We currently live in Europe (outside Brussels) so fairly used to european culture and ways. We have booked a class 10 (room 1115). So as you may expect, we are looking for basically ANY information we can get our hands on, especially "lessons learned" from prior cruisers, both here and on this specific ship. Pictures would be awesome. Kindest Regards, Brad & toni

I came back from Armonia a week ago bradandtoni. You'll have a whale of a time. I have tons of stuff to scan, menus, port info [bari, Corfu, Santorini, Piraeus, Katakolon & Dubrovnik if still the same?] and so on. Hundreds of photos I am presently sorting through but hope to have all online shortly.

Any specific question, fire away.

Pam

We booked an outside cabin (class 10) and are wondering if you can possibly (roughly) describe it to us. Also what were some good "excusrions" and "don't miss" trips. Thanks a ton, and would love to see the pictures. This is our first cruise, and we are very excited. Regards, Brad & toni P.S. glad to hear you had a good time, where do you hail from? We are US, but currently live near Brussels.

Yes, we are going to be on the 7-14 cruise. We are planning a few days in Venice beforehand, so we can finally do the "tourist gondola thing" We never did that and we lived near there for 4 years! Oh well, we are VERY excited also, and the website that "magwa" put together http://www.magwa.co.uk/armonia/armoniaphoto.htm has us even more excited. The pictures are very detailed, and I can hardly wait to see the rest! I'd say see ya there, but with that many people on board, whew! What cabin did you get?? Regards, Brad & toni

Great! Glad to hear there will be at least 1 other english speaking family there! We are booked in a suite, but we don't have the cabin number, since we just booked it today. Last time we went on the MSC Melody, we were seated in the german speaking dinner table, since thats where we live, I guess they just assumed.... so this time we made sure they put in a request for an american table... So lets hope!!! There weren't too many english speakers so its kind of easy to point them out in the crowd. :-) I can't wait to read the review on this ship - it looks really nice! Take care!

~Christina~

Glad you like the pics bradandtoni, you found them somehow anyway.

I have now just uploaded our cabin photos, category 7, but the same as yours will be, just 3 decks lower. I am not sure if the colour schemes differ or not.

Also added the Health Center which encorporates the Beauty Salon, Gym & Spa, Thermal Suite area, and Kids/Teens rooms [not that they will be of much interest]:) All linked from the URL above.

I will plough on & hopefully get to the dining rooms later tonight.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pam

I just wanted to say thank you soooo much for the Great pics of the Armonia!!! I was wondering (NOT to rush or pressure you!!!) if you're going to be posting a review of the ship? I'm going from the 7-14 November, if you have any more info you can share I am really looking forward to hearing about it. Also, if you have ports of call/info review/Shore excursion info it would REALLY be great! Thanks! And thank you again for putting so much time into your web page, it is really super of you and we really appreciate the effort!

Christina

Thank you Christina. Yes, I will do a review, but may be a few weeks yet.. somewhat sinking under the waves with things going on! But will get there.

Yes, I have all the Port info/Shore Ex & Programmes etc.. unfortunately I came to a full stop after the menus as my scanner which has been on its last legs for yonks, packed in... after a few hours with a screwdriver, I have got it going this morning.. I will try to scan some more this evening, fingers crossed, but I think it may be a case of 'time to fork out for a new one':(

Pam

I have now loaded the Daily Programmes, Bar Menu/Tariff, in Cabin Mini Bar Tariff, Shore Excursion Leaflet, a flyer of 'Useful Info' you get when boarding with dress/pool/smoking rules etc.. just the Port Information to go, but after the weekend, enough there to keep you busy:)

http://www.magwa.co.uk/armonia/armoniaphoto.htm#menu

The Excursions are all listed in a little booklet that comes with your tickets, but can only be booked on board. The itineraries & prices may vary slightly. You pick up the 'Tour Magazine', when checking in at the Cruise Terminal, with exact details of what's available for your trip along with a booking form. We had big changes in Piraeus due to the Olympic Games & the Greek Authority security requirements, [wouldn't even let a bunch of tourists go on a boat in the Corinth Canal], so I have also scanned the booklet info and linked it in.

Pam

Hi

Did you fly or drive to Venice? How did you go about getting to the ship/cruise terminal? Were you able to drive or did you have to take a water taxi or did the cruise line offer some sort of shuttle from the mainland? We're flying into Treviso (ryan air) and I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out how to get to the ship and what hotel to stay at the night before our departure. Any advice you have would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!

Christina

Did you book your own flights or Ryan Air through MSC? I'm afraid I don't know Treviso, but it's a fair distance [50mins or so]. There is however a bus service which meets every Ryan Air flight and takes you directly to Piazzale Roma, from where you can get everywhere in Venice, and a free shuttle bus runs to the Cruise Terminal for MSC on cruise days.

See http://www.atvo.it/eng/airport.php?var=t for the bus and send them an info request.

For Hotels, check out those listed on both Ryan Air's & Easyjet's websites. Lots of good deals.

I do also know that MSC run a special bus service to Treviso on cruise days, as it was sitting outside the terminal marked "Ryan Air - Treviso/ MSC Lirica", but you're going in the day before. I noted it specifically as I was surprised to see it:)

We flew in to MP with Easyjet. We booked late and MSC had no Alitalia flights left from Heathrow, and wanted a supplement of £40 each to fly BA from Gatwick. No way I said, as that is even further from us. I told the TA I would take the £100 back from MSC, as that's what they give you if you make your own travel arrangements, & said I would book Easyjet from Stansted as it was much nearer to us & cheaper parking. [i had already checked availability & prices of £128 each online]. The TA said, well MSC will book Easyjet for you for a supplement, & that way the transfers from/to the Airport are included. I said OK ask them and see what the supplement is... she came back with £28 each.. ie exactly the fare I found myself, on the same flights and included the transfers, so we let them book it:) I didn't know before that they would be willing to book flights of our choice.

Anyhow.. on from there, if one was flying in to MP on one's own arrangements, there is a water taxi directly from the airport to St Mark's Square [get on the car hire shuttle outside the arrivals hall], I don't know the price off hand, but it takes an hour. From St Mark's Square there is a direct water taxi to the Cruise Terminal for Euro 5 pp. Easy, cheaper than a taxi, but takes longer.

HTH

I dug out a liitle booklet I picked up in MP airport, it gives Treviso info too.

Buses from Treviso via the station at Mestre then on to Piazzale Roma leave at 8.10 9.25 13.00 16.10* 16.40 17.20 21.00 22.15

*not Sats

Euro 4.50 one way [baggage included] & Euro 8 return. The website quoted is http://www.veniceairport.it which may have more info, not had a chance to look.

Tickets can be purchased at the money exchange office in the airport arrivals hall. The bus terminal is located in the parking in front of departures area. Venice to Piazzale Roma bus terminal - row no. D2

Pam

Thanks Pam!

I really appreciate that info. Its gonna save me a ton of worry! Take care! Did you stay at any hotels in Venice? If so, do you have a recommendation? I was planning to stay at a place in Piazzale Roma - its the only hotel in Venice you can drive to and used to be a Monastery or something like that A loooooong time ago - but it looked pretty nice. :-) Take care!

Christina

Dear Pam

Thank you so much for all your info, I've been following it for some time, I was wondering whether I could be cheeky and ask for some more?

We are flying with Easyjet as well (Same story, no flights from Gatwick:mad: ), I read on the Venice Port Website that you could check in for your flight to the UK directly from the port, so there is no need to leave your luggage. Do you by any chance know whether this is true? If not, what did you do with your luggage? (I believe the left luggage facility at the port closes at 6pm and our flight back is at 22h00.:(

Many many thanks!

FarFarAawy

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, we are going to be on the 7-14 cruise. We are planning a few days in Venice beforehand, so we can finally do the "tourist gondola thing" We never did that and we lived near there for 4 years! Oh well, we are VERY excited also, and the website that "magwa" put together http://www.magwa.co.uk/armonia/armoniaphoto.htm has us even more excited. The pictures are very detailed, and I can hardly wait to see the rest! I'd say see ya there, but with that many people on board, whew! What cabin did you get?? Regards, Brad & toni

Hi Bradandtoni -

What part of Venice are you guys staying in or recommend staying in? I'm sooo worried about getting lost - and we won't be getting to our hotel until after dark and if we stay on Lido we have to take a bus ride to the hotel. Does anyone know if the buses run pretty late there??? Thanks! Oh yeah - BTW I think we're in cabin 1031....?!?! You? Take care! Less than 2 weeks to go!!!

Christina

We are in 1115 I believe. (paperwork in the car). We are staying in Treviso, since we are going early, and departing the day after. It is MUCH cheaper and easier. Trains are excellent there, so easy to get around. Flying in RYANAIR on Friday, very excited. Brad & toni

Archived