Think this will set off an alarm? Luggage ?

sugarsparkles

Wondering if this will cause a problem with my luggage. We booked an inside room to be cheap, and I figured I'd bring myself a small fan in case I feel claustrophobic. Sounds strange but it works. Anyway, do you think security will have an issue with it? I don't want my luggage to get held up because of a strange object, but I also don't want to leave the fan home!

Thanks!

Rebekah

Wondering if this will cause a problem with my luggage. We booked an inside room to be cheap, and I figured I'd bring myself a small fan in case I feel claustrophobic. Sounds strange but it works. Anyway, do you think security will have an issue with it? I don't want my luggage to get held up because of a strange object, but I also don't want to leave the fan home!

Thanks!

Rebekah

Where I go, my fan goes, you will be fine.

Thanks!

Rebekah

Oooh! I hadn't thought about taking a small fan! I'm a very light sleeper and it always helps at home. I'm going to take one next time, too! :)

Oooh! I hadn't thought about taking a small fan! I'm a very light sleeper and it always helps at home. I'm going to take one next time, too! :)

I honestly could not sleep if I did not have my fan. The a/c is usually on 24/7 and that sound does help, but this time I am bringing a power strip and a extension cord so I can use it this time.

Thanks!

Rebekah

I bring my handheld battery operated fan on my carryon for the flight. I too sometimes feel claustrophobic and the air does help. You should be fine with it in your luggage.

On our cruise, my husband packed: flashlight, duct tape, emergency can opener, cork screw, waterproof matches, and a large cooler....:eek:

I think he thought I said we were going camping!

Seriously, though, other than the cooler, those were items that were left over in the suitcase from him going to Panama with his dad, they stayed at a hotel for 3 days and camped for 3 days, when it was time to pack back up, he threw everything in his suitcase...and obviously forgot to take them out!:confused:

I have put my foot down this time and told him "NO CAMPING GEAR" on the cruise!!!!:D

So, if that gives you any idea of "strange objects" that pass through....

Enjoy your cruise!!!

On our cruise, my husband packed: flashlight, duct tape, emergency can opener, cork screw, waterproof matches, and a large cooler....:eek:

I think he thought I said we were going camping!

Seriously, though, other than the cooler, those were items that were left over in the suitcase from him going to Panama with his dad, they stayed at a hotel for 3 days and camped for 3 days, when it was time to pack back up, he threw everything in his suitcase...and obviously forgot to take them out!:confused:

I have put my foot down this time and told him "NO CAMPING GEAR" on the cruise!!!!:D

So, if that gives you any idea of "strange objects" that pass through....

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I know I should not ask this, but what pray tell what was he going to use the can opener and the waterproof matches for?

Sorry, I had to stop laughing long enough to type!:D

Those were left over from his camping trip with his dad in Panama, he always takes them (I don't know, perhaps wild cans of tuna are growing in the jungles of Panama!:rolleyes: ), the matches, I understand to start the campfire, but I stay stunned everytime he packs to go camping and see the can opener.:eek:

Trust me, I've already removed the "non-cruise related" items from the suitcase and have told him he's not allowed to put them back in.

Archived