Books

Sugar13

I'll admit it, from our first visit last month I have become obsessed with this beautiful place. I spend every day checking cruises, flights, accomodations, and this board, looking at our finances and calendar, trying to figure out how we can possibly find our way back.

The board gives me a bit of a BDA fix, but I need more. I've read two books about Bermuda (not counting a travel guide), and I'm craving more reading. Can anyone recommend some titles?

I'll admit it, from our first visit last month I have become obsessed with this beautiful place. I spend every day checking cruises, flights, accomodations, and this board, looking at our finances and calendar, trying to figure out how we can possibly find our way back.

The board gives me a bit of a BDA fix, but I need more. I've read two books about Bermuda (not counting a travel guide), and I'm craving more reading. Can anyone recommend some titles?

Sorry, no books but you might want to check out www.bermudashorts.bm/ You can read a condensed version of the daily newspaper and if you want pictures, check out the photo gallery. There's also a VERY friendly and knowledgeable forum, we even met the guy who maintains the site when we got to Bermuda last year. I'm sure you'll get some book recommendations there. Most of the people on the forum are not cruise junkies but rather fly ins and all are real Bermuda lovers.:)

Sorry, no books but you might want to check out www.bermudashorts.bm/ You can read a condensed version of the daily newspaper and if you want pictures, check out the photo gallery. There's also a VERY friendly and knowledgeable forum, we even met the guy who maintains the site when we got to Bermuda last year. I'm sure you'll get some book recommendations there. Most of the people on the forum are not cruise junkies but rather fly ins and all are real Bermuda lovers.:)

Thanks, iheartbda, I will check there again. I think you recommended that site for accomodation listings so I've looked at those, just didn't check any further. Silly me. :o

:)

what kinds of books? history? autobiography? picture book?

to help you get back to bermuda, here's an idea. i have an rss program on my puter from american airlines. it's called deal finder. how it works is you enter up to two destinations, dates and maximum price you're willing to pay. if it finds your price, it will alert you and in the meantime wil keep you abreast of the current price. i think i saw a similar thing on expedia and since they do cruises as well, i would assume their rss thingie does as well.

what kinds of books? history? autobiography? picture book?

to help you get back to bermuda, here's an idea. i have an rss program on my puter from american airlines. it's called deal finder. how it works is you enter up to two destinations, dates and maximum price you're willing to pay. if it finds your price, it will alert you and in the meantime wil keep you abreast of the current price. i think i saw a similar thing on expedia and since they do cruises as well, i would assume their rss thingie does as well.

I'll look into the rss thingie. Thanks!

Any book recommendations are welcome. I've read a very old history book (pub. 1959) and Tracey Casswell's autobiography. And I bought a thin, but beautifu,l picture book at The Book Cellar. The libraries here have practically nothing, just travel guides and one children's book about the Sea Venture. I haven't had much luck with the local bookstores either, though one was able to order a reprint of a book about Mark Twain's visits. I'd forgotten about that one, guess I've read 3 books about BDA.

:)

I bought an interesting book at the Book Cellar in St George. It is called Twelve Months on a Rock by Janice MacKenzie. Very interesting. I hope to stop at this store when we are in St George in October.

I loved that store! :D

I'll see if I can find that book here. Thanks, cruiserssandr!

Archived