LIVE from Liberty 9/1/07!!!

hawkfish

Crusinmama -

Our TV was completely different that this - the back was completely flat with no inputs. I checked for removable covers that might be hiding inputs, and nothing. We were in a JS on the hump - don't know whether that makes the difference.

Faye

That is tooooo crazy!! ha ha :D

We were cabin 7338, center starboard hump.

Faye, can you post pics of your cabin? I'm curious to see the size and space differences, as we might look at JS cabins in the future.

thx, you have a great thread here. :)

i didn't know you both were posting the whole week. I did a bunch of different stuff. We LOVED the ship, our service was so great!!

but I wanted to investigate the "vitality" program...which I did and its just the same ol' bag of tricks with weight loss seminars and diet treatments. to earn a t shirt took 14 points (?) which would mean 2 classes per day (personal training doesn't count which I did 3 times for $ 85 per session...ouch!). or you got one point for walking each morning but the coach left after 20 minutes or 1 mile so everyone just got one point even if they walk 4 miles an hour. You don't get points for the menu items but you do get points for a smoothie purchase... so I guess I'm storing all of my points for a back pack on Independence 11/23/08. hopefully the program is still going.

We brought our kids and they truly LOVED every minute! video games were about $ 2 a piece adding up to $40 per day times 3 kids...ouch again. the adventure ocean was fantastic for the kids and since I hope my children were well behaved when we didn't see them...they pretty much went on their own. no babysitter (nanny) necessary.. it was hard to get them properly fed though putting together fruit and ceral from windjammer, lunch at where ever and then in the dining room chicken finger and french fries or hamburgers.

mark had a BLAST playing Quest with you!!!

I did win the BINGO cruise for 2...umm I feel like I'm in a Capital one commercial... black out dates, non transferrable, can't be used towards a cruise already booked...and we have 3 cruises booked this year and since we stay in suites I'm not really sure what will happen. oh and I have to use it this year. I think I'm going to figure out a way to give it to my aunt so she can cruise on Grandeur with us. but if I can't manage that, I'm back on Liberty Sept 6, we already booked Just in case. but I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving on Independence

The Grand Suite which is the baby of all the suites was so nice. we had surround sound and the DVD player.. I didn't watch any movies that I brought though. on the at sea days something was delivered to our room each day cheese & crackers, fresh fruit, chocolates. very cool. We have the concierge room which I used a lot for drinks and his name is escaping me for now but he is awesome!! I went to tip him Sat night and everything was cleaned up and put away and the lounge was empty...

Jen or Faye, I loved meeting you! if you have any questions about our completely different experience let me know!! sorry I wasn't around more often.

two more things...we were freaking out that there isn't a sports bar! I feel like I've been in black out for a week. I missed the opening game of NFL!! was i missing TV in the ON AIR club?

the entertainment was really exceptional, the ice shows are always amazing and I think the cruise staff threw some amazing parties... the 70's and 80's sorry I was so worn out trying to earn a keychain to enjoy them.

Lephysteria and Hawkfish, thank you so much for all of your updates throughout your trip!

If either of you did in fact bring home updated menus which were referenced in your posts, I know there are many of us that would love to see them! I will be sailing in a couple weeks, so if these do make it online, please share them :)

Hi there,

I'm actually going to have the compass pages and the menu's in my review. Look for it soon. I'm waiting on a few great pics from my Luni Buds.

I think 50 pages for this 7 day cruise was too modest an estimate. I'm now shooting for 75!!! :D

(cause like I'm on page 7, and we're just having dinner the night before embarkation!!! :eek: )

Archived