LIVE from Liberty 9/1/07!!!

hawkfish

Onto the questions:

I asked at Portofino re: the age requirements. They said it's mostly because part of the package is the unlimited wine at the end, plus some of the actors behave in 'a sort of sexy manner.' So I will let you know specifically what they do after Friday so you can decide. Nothing sounded like it would be too shocking for a 15 yo.

Thanks again hawkfish! I'm interested to hear about it. (Not too much of course--don't want to give away any secrets or plots if it's a mystery game--LOL!)

Good morning!

Just a few quick updates -

Caribbean night was last night, along with the children's pirate parade. It was Rated Arrrrr! LOL!!! Very cute!

Tomorrow is the adult pirate parade.

Not sure about the smoking side question - do you mean which side of the ship? I thought it was just certain areas. Overall, though, the ship is not very smoky - I really have only seen a handful of people smoking.

I had the SF coconut cake on the first formal night - it was actually pretty much the only thing I ate.

Tonight is the 2nd formal night, along with 'In the Air' and something called Dancin' in the Street on the Royal Promenade.

More later - DH is grousing about breakfast - 'The Donger need food!'

Thank you for the live post,,keep her pretty,,we will be boarding her as you leave...:) Oh,,can you get a weather report if possible,,enjoy your cruise

I too am live from the liberty! Hi Faye :)

So far the weather has been very sunny and partly cloudy. We've had a passing dark cloud now and then, and when we pulled into St. Maarten yesterday we had an awesome double rainbow! That was so beautiful!

The seas have been calm. The crew, the entertainment and the ship have all been wonderful so far. There isn't anyone sick and also there are no portable hand sanitizers anywhere around the ship (like in the dining venues).

We're having a great time! Just let us know if you have any questions! :)

Hawkfish,

Thank you for your live update.!!!

It gives me something to think about as I am boarding the LOS in 57 days ...:D

Neat things I will need to re-read to my DH !!

Sscatterly- got IC for 125 (including taxes ) on lastmintravel.

Hawkfish- enjoy the rest of your vacation, :)

Kathyr

Thanks for the live review ! We board Saturday !

Are you using a laptop in your room? When we were on Freedom, the connection wasn't very good.

Thanks for any info !

Sue

Hi there,

I am using my laptop in my room. To sign up for the wifi, go to the internet cafe and choose the "wifi" option instad of surfing the web or checking email. You'll be asked to make a username and password. I did. Then I walked down the stairs to my cabin, got associated with their wireless and tried my username and password about 5 minutes after making the name upstairs.

And its very fast. I guess it might help that I have all images off on this site so it can load faster :)

Who is the cruise director and how is he/she?

Hi there,

The cruise director is Ken Rush and he's doing a great job so far. I find him personable and friendly and he is a very warm, genuinely nice guy. :)

He's the one who have me the details re: the Liberty possibly replacing the Mariner.

I would think the CD would be a pretty reliable source for this information. I am really hoping the Liberty does makes the switch to Port Canaveral. I am hoping to go on a Freedom class cruise in the fall of 2009.

Hi,

I'm not sure if he has that information or not. We were at the repeater party and Captain Charles Teige had said that he has not heard officially if the Liberty will replace the Mariner. He said we all have to be patient for that announcement.

What is the cost of the internet service, or were you able to access the internet because you were in port? Is your sailing an Eastern or Western? What the suspended hot tubs like?

It sure didnt take you long to board the ship. I thought normal boarding was at 2pm? Current rates for a cabin with a veiw of the promonade deck are better than an inside. Do you think it would be a better cabin due to the parades?

Mary

Hi,

The cost of the internet is $.50 cents a minute unless you get a prepaid package. You also get your free internet credit in your crown and anchor booklet. You can also get the minutes cheaper if you do a prepaid package, but the C&A Coupon cannot be used to pay for a prepaid package. So use that time first, then buy a package.

We arrived at the pier at 10:45 and boarded at 11:15 ish. The rooms weren't ready until 1:00 ish. I'd say that the promenade cabins are only good due to seeing the parades but I'd prefer a balcony only because you can watch the ship dock and watch the sea go by on the sea days!

Will you tell me who the entertainment is in the Pub? It's been kind of my favorite place to hang out between 10 & 12 pm so I'm a little curious. I'm also interested in hearing about the Liberty Code. Although I would understand if it's like Quest and the "if I told you, I'd have to kill you" policy is in affect.:D

Have a great cruise!

The entertainment in the pub is Guitar/Vocalist Jimmy Blakemore. He plays requests from 11pm to 1:30am (with breaks in the hoof and claw pub).

dining room....was it caribbean nite, was dancing under the stars tropical?

has ken rush stated how long he'd be with the liberty?:)

Many of the menus have been changed. For example there is now a Hawaiian night and the wait staff danced around in leis and waved Surfboards on the staircase. It was great. The food was spectacular.

In the review I'm writing I'm going to be including the menus and so you'll be able to see what to eat on which night.

Are they no longer including juice with the Coke card? I love the cranberry juice on board, and usually get the Coke card for the Coke and th juice....

I was able to get the cranberry juice in the windjammer for breakfast and also in the dining room during breakfast. So I'm not sure when they ever would charge for that. :)

Many of the menus have been changed. For example there is now a Hawaiian night and the wait staff danced around in leis and waved Surfboards on the staircase. It was great. The food was spectacular.

In the review I'm writing I'm going to be including the menus and so you'll be able to see what to eat on which night.

I was able to get the cranberry juice in the windjammer for breakfast and also in the dining room during breakfast. So I'm not sure when they ever would charge for that. :)

Thank you so much for letting us know about the menu changes lephysteria. I have certain nights picked out for Chops and Portofino based on the old menus and I'm hoping I don't have to make many changes when we cruise later this month. I'll look forward to your review :)

This would be a HUGE help if you can post the menus and what night. I am aware that they may differ when I'm on the cruise, but it may certainly help!!

Enjoy!!

LEPHYSTERIA - We actually sailed together on the Adventure of the Seas...glad to see you are still cruising. I remember we met at the informal m&m and heard your terrible "stuck in Newark airport" travel experience.

I would really be interested in the menus.

We are sailing this saturday and I'm wondering if you could share more menu info before we sail.

Thanks.

Tralynn222

We will also be sailing on Liberty 9/22. Were looking forward to a great time as it will be our 4th anniversary on 9/26. :)

Were getting more excited as the days go by.:D

we are sailing on the same ship as you are there is a meet and mingle board for that cruise if you like to come over and chat you will be welcome

Archived