Veragua Rain Forest from Princess

Iceberg2

Has anyone taken this tour LIO-205 in Limon? We heard that the canopy ride is something to really see. There are no prices listed yet by Princess. Is there a similar trip with Charley Soto and what is the feedback from it and the price?

We will be arriving in January on the Coral Princess.

Thanks.

I have not taken the tour, but we are also on a Princess cruise ~ Coral 10/31-11/10 and trying to decide what to do in Costa Rica for the day.

We have a very long time in port ~ 6:30 AM to 7 PM. We have booked with Charlie Soto for his A1 tour (no zilining) from 7:30 AM to 1 or 2 PM. We figured we would go back to the ship, grab a bite and freshen up, then head to a beach near the pier of Limon for the afternoon.

I have a question for you re the canopy tour ~ is that different from the zipline tour? I can't zipline, but would love to go thru the tree tops of the rain forest if it doesn't require the upper body strength that ziplining would. What do you know about the canopy tour?

A friend mentioned to my husband that it was a gondola, I will call him on Monday and get more details. We also are not interested in zipline- my our thing.

Maybe someone else will fill in the details before then.

Happy Cruising,

Just found that that it was a great tour, it is a covered gondola ride - not zip line - he does not remember the price, but it was around $100 US per person and they just loved it. I tried to look up some information on the web, but the site is still under construction. Since we are not going till January, I hope that should you take this tour, please post a message.

Thank you.

Thanks for the additional info. I will post if we decide to do this, but we are already scheduled with Charlie Soto and I think the times will overlap. There is someone on our roll call planning to do this tour, so maybe I'll have second-hand info.

• 3 months later...

There is a roll call for this cruise - once you log on - look for Roll Call. Its not a very busy one, but so far we are few in numbers. Do not know if we will actually have a meet and greet on board, but its almost time and in the past, activity increases. I have been trying to get information on this tour, but no one has responded. Guess its too new or cruise critic readers have not used this one. I am still hoping to get a response before we sail. Well, till next time.

Just checked my pre booked tours and see that this tour is not being offered anymore. I am not thrilled with what is available so now I have no idea of what we will do. My husband does not take long walks, hiking through the rain forest is out of the question, we are planning to do a train ride in Panama. So, I guess, I will be reading the boards again for some ideas. Am sure some one out there will come up with some options. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived