going on boudicca mini cruise

seabourndt

What an extraordinary history these Royal Viking ships have had! I've just been reading a summary of Boudicca's former incarnations on this site:

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/

(Scroll down the left-hand side to 'Cruise Ship Postcards', then look for Fred Olsen.)

I hadn't realised that this ship had spent a few years with Princess. Presumably, the ''new Princess Cruises tonnage delivered in 1996' would actually be the Sun Princess class of ships.

Never mind. I'll look forward to a review of your cruise. A cruise on either Boudicca or Black Watch is definitely in my list of cruises I want to take.

I just got an e-mail from a friend I met on the Holland America Ryndam a couple of years ago. She is now with Fred Olsen and is on the Boudicca! If you see her, her name is Joanne, she is from the Philippines, and she is the person you could ever know. If you see her, tell her "M'Mary says Hi"!

Mary

Dave:

She is a front desk attendant. She's very cute and very nice. Before we really got to know her, we just knew her as passengers on the ship, and she was SO helpful in the few little problems we had, she made it such a joy to sail with her. Check out the front desk and look for the name tag "Joanne".

She has said how nicely Fred Olsen treats their employees, it really must be a good line.

Mary

yes i saw joanne what a nice lady, think you emailed her to tell her about me as she knew me when i told her my name. i took a picture of us and think she will send you thids picture when i send it to her. also told her about kodak gallery where i have all my picures. if you send me your email address i will send copy an invite so you can look at them

my email is seabourndt@aol.com

i've done a review which you might like to read and tell me what you think. which cruise did you do on her?

i was on ship in 96 as the GOLDEN PRINCESS to tahiti from hawaii. a few things i like on the braemar than boudicca. the afternoon tea area, THE SHIP MODEL,show lounge.

you have done hal have you? i have done the noordam and the nieuw amsterdam too. when i mentioned the noordam she was thinking about the old one.

dave

Sorry Dave!

I have been busy and haven't been on Cruise Critic lately! I'm going to send you an e-mail directly so you can send me the invitation to your Kodak Gallery.

I have never been on the Boudicca, but I went over to the Board after Joanne told me she was on her, and saw your post. We have only been on HAL. We've never been on the Noordam or the Niew Amsterdam. We have been on the Oosterdam, Westerdam, Veendam, Volendam, and Ryndam. We're going back on the Oosterdam next month. We first met Joanne on the Ryndam to Alaska.

Where is your review? I would like to read it!

Mary

saw all the various ships u=you have been on, i must read posts better and i thought you were on the boudicca. now i understand, iam very envious you bare dioing the OOSTERDAM in october. 27th is my birthday, where is she going? i was on the OOSTERDAM on a short cruise vancover to seattkle and loved it. not done holland america since the noordam last year. i shared a cabin that time as its quite pricey for a single.

dave

Archived