Virtual Bellhop Luggage Delivery Service?

Has anyone used this service or had any experience with them? We are sailing on the Crystal Serenity from Rome to Lisbon. Virtual Bellhop is partnered with Crystal, and they will pick up our luggage at our home or office and deliver it to our hotel in Rome (and back from Lisbon) so that we do not have the hassle of luggage when we travel. They will also deliver it to the ship rather than to our hotel, but we are two nights pre-cruise in Rome and two nights post-cruise in Lisbon, and we would like to have our luggage with us in those destinations before and after the cruise. They told me that they use special couriers, not commercial airlines, and that it is very rare for them to have any luggage lost the way the commercial airlines notoriously do. (My GREATEST travel fear -- a two-week cruise without clothes!!!) It sounds too good to be true: no luggage to drag around airports, no worry of our luggage getting lost when we make connecting flights, and no weight restrictions for luggage! Usually when something is too good to be true, it isn't. Of course, cost will be a factor, and I'm waiting to hear what the quote will be. If it is affordable, however, I need to know if I can rely on this company to get my luggage safely to its destination without damage, loss or disappearance. Has anyone had experience with Virtual Bellhop? What is their reliability in getting our luggage to its destination when it is supposed to be there? Please advise!

Thanks,

Shelley

Archived