PV & Mazatlan excursion questions?

chefchick

We will be on the Dawn Princess NYE cruise and am interested in going to Las Caletas as I have heard many nice things about it on this board. Am I better off booking this through Princess (Hideaway to Caletas) vs vallarta adventures (private company)? To those who have taken one vs the other can you tell me if there is any difference? I have read on another site that there was A LOT of partying, loud music and yelling on the beach from the crew mostly, but I have never read anything like that on this forum. I would love to sleep in a hammock with a margarita and maybe get a massage while my husband and son hike or swim, so does this sound like the excursion for us to choose?

Also in Mazatlan- Princess offers a "salsa & salsa" excursion with a cooking demonstration, dance lessons and a day at the Playa Mazatlan resort which sounds great to me. Has anyone done this excursion before? I couldn't find any info while searching the boards.

Thank you in advance for your help.

We will be on the Dawn Princess NYE cruise and am interested in going to Las Caletas as I have heard many nice things about it on this board. Am I better off booking this through Princess (Hideaway to Caletas) vs vallarta adventures (private company)? To those who have taken one vs the other can you tell me if there is any difference? I have read on another site that there was A LOT of partying, loud music and yelling on the beach from the crew mostly, but I have never read anything like that on this forum. I would love to sleep in a hammock with a margarita and maybe get a massage while my husband and son hike or swim, so does this sound like the excursion for us to choose?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Las Caletas is a private, all-inclusive, beach area with a wide variety of activities that will satisfy just about everybody. Vallarta Adventures is the exclusive operator of the excursion. Their agreement with the cruise industry prevents them from selling directly to people that arrive on a ship. You can still book this excursion through a third-party tour broker. Two reliable operations are found at - http://www.puertovallartatours.net/cruise-shore-excursions.htm or http://www.vallartaonline.com/

Both have a great reputation.

We have spent a great day at Las Caletas every year that we have been in Vallarta. I have never encountered loud music or yelling on the beach. Just a great relaxing day.

Enjoy!

Archived