Carrying On Sodas & Water

Askshorty

For goodness sake you have been given good advice - if you dont like it phone carnival and ask. You have a mini bar in your cabin!!!!!! unless you can drink 8 -12 sodas in one sitting then there should be enough for you and your steward can re stock it for you.

Yes, thank you, it is all good advice. I had not realized there was a mini-bar close at hand. I am used to a different cruise line, which prompted these 'seemingly obvious' questions.

I take quite a huge amount of Caffeine Free Diet Coke and Coke Zero. Neither is available on the ship. I have an old hard sided suitcase. I wrap the cases in garbage bags but have never had a problem except the strange looks from the porters when they lift the heavy suitcase. I always tip extra for their efforts.:) Leaving out of Mobile in 23 days.

Princess, Haven't seen you on the Roll Call for this sailing on Holiday 9-29-2007 from Mobile. There are quite a few of us on the board. Come by and meet a few of us. It would be nice to chat before we sail.

I know I am ready for a grand time. I also pack a 6 pack for myself of caff. free soda. There is only so much fruit punch I can drink, lol.:D

I have carried a small amount of soda and water on board in a check soft side cooler on my last cruise but had read earlier this year that Carnival would no longer allow....has anyone who has cruised lately had problems with checking a soft side cooler?

The ban on soda and water brought on any Carnival sailing only lasted a very short time. I think it was during spring break. You now are allowed to carry on a reasonable amount of these items. I carried on my hubby's diet soda (ginger ale) it's the only soda he will drink being diabetic on our May cruise this year. I will be doing this again for our cruise at the end of this month. No problems.

We carried two 8 packs of bottled cokes; 6 waters; and 6 large Sierra Mist bottles in our 2 carry on bags. There was no problem at all. We used large rolling duffle bags as our carry on bags so getting around with the drinks wasn't a huge hassle. While we were waiting for our room one person in our group remained at our table on the lido deck to watch our bags.

Archived