Carrying On Sodas & Water

Askshorty

Yes you sure can!! I think it comes to a little over $10 to get a 6 pack of cans...

carnival also sells coolers and hats that come with a 6 pack-- check it out under the gift tab on carnival web site

Anyone know if theres a place to buy Pepsi whether it's 2 liter bottles, 6 pack bottles or a 12 pack cans anywhere close to the port in San Diego like the airport or a grocery or convienance store a street or 2 away from the port? Cruise were looking at doing were flying into San Diego and taking a shuttle down the street to the port but wondered if we should fill our suit case with pepsi at one of the airport stores or if theres a store next to the port. We don't want to walk to far with carrying suit cases. We also don't want to put soda pop in our luggage to check on the plane. Denver airport they xray every piece of checked baggage and big 2 liter bottles or 12 pack cans of fluids are a no no plus it's hard enough with the size of our luggage to keep it under 50lbs and not have to fork over $25-$50 each bag for the extra weight.

I'm assuming Carnaval doesn't care about the weight of your luggage as much as the airlines do?

Hey Brad how are you getting from LA to San Diego. They have a crap load of little stores and shops around Disney that you could grab some before you head down to San Deigo. Or if your flying into San Deigo first you could ask the transfer driver to stop at a gas station (thats what we do).

(You didn't think i'd find ya did ya;) )

On some ships only oceanview cabins have the minibar, the poster mentioned that they were in a suite, so I knew for sure that there would be a minibar in there.

It was posted earlier in the thread about buying as many cokes as you would like through room service or at any bar for the individual can price and the poster asked again if a six- pack was available. So I answered that a six pack was not available for purchase on the ship. But evidently you can order it through Bon Voyage.

Hey Brad how are you getting from LA to San Diego. They have a crap load of little stores and shops around Disney that you could grab some before you head down to San Deigo. Or if your flying into San Deigo first you could ask the transfer driver to stop at a gas station (thats what we do).

(You didn't think i'd find ya did ya;) )

Hey Curt, :D

Were doing the cruise first. airfare cost, schedule, time wise of not being rushed to get from Disneyland to the airport, fly down to the ship in time is much cheaper and easier this way. The puddle jumpers out of LAX to San Diego for me and Nyqyi would have been $400 :eek: . Plus it would have been tight to get make it down there in time with the available flights and schedule. So were going to take a 9 am flight to San Diego get there around 10:30 and probably to the ship by 11 or 11:30 and check our bags then maybe walk over and check out the Naval reservation and air craft carrier on the next pier.

When we come back were going to rent a car there at the airport and take our time and drive up the coast to the Disneyland hotel and drop the car off across the street the next morning. One way car rental for a decent car-$35. Cost of flying the puddle jumper plane to LAX - $400. I think i'll rent a car.

Taxi drivers are a rip off half the time from airports. They charge a initial fee of like $8 or more when you get a taxi from the airport. then theres the whopping 2 miles from the airport to the port. lol. Theres gotta be a store in the airport or around the port were we can get some pepsi and stuff it in our suit case before getting on the ship. we have plenty of time. I'll explain it all Friday night.

Thanks, but I want to know if I can buy more than one can/bottle at a time and where does this occur? I don't want to call room service each time I want a soda. It's the convenience for us, not the price.

(Although you make a good case for buying some beforehand, I don't want to be bothered.)

It was posted earlier in the thread about buying as many cokes as you would like through room service or at any bar for the individual can price and the poster asked again if a six- pack was available. So I answered that a six pack was not available for purchase on the ship. But evidently you can order it through Bon Voyage.

I think Jane just wants to order 6 drinks at a time..which to me is the same as a 6pack. From the above post she isnt interested in price, just convenience

Hey Curt, :D

Were doing the cruise first. airfare cost, schedule, time wise of not being rushed to get from Disneyland to the airport, fly down to the ship in time is much cheaper and easier this way. The puddle jumpers out of LAX to San Diego for me and Nyqyi would have been $400 :eek: . Plus it would have been tight to get make it down there in time with the available flights and schedule. So were going to take a 9 am flight to San Diego get there around 10:30 and probably to the ship by 11 or 11:30 and check our bags then maybe walk over and check out the Naval reservation and air craft carrier on the next pier.

When we come back were going to rent a car there at the airport and take our time and drive up the coast to the Disneyland hotel and drop the car off across the street the next morning. One way car rental for a decent car-$35. Cost of flying the puddle jumper plane to LAX - $400. I think i'll rent a car.

Taxi drivers are a rip off half the time from airports. They charge a initial fee of like $8 or more when you get a taxi from the airport. then theres the whopping 2 miles from the airport to the port. lol. Theres gotta be a store in the airport or around the port were we can get some pepsi and stuff it in our suit case before getting on the ship. we have plenty of time. I'll explain it all Friday night.

So how are you getting from the airport to the port?

So how are you getting from the airport to the port?

Probably just the super shuttle service. Their first stop is the B street port next to the ship. I'll look into the taxi fees more. I'm just wondering from people who know the area around the San Diego airport and port if theres a place within a short walking distance to get pepsi.

Probably just the super shuttle service. Their first stop is the B street port next to the ship. I'll look into the taxi fees more. I'm just wondering from people who know the area around the San Diego airport and port if theres a place within a short walking distance to get pepsi.

The airport isn't that far from the pier so I think i'd garb a cab and spend the extra $25 so you will be able to get your pop. I think there's a Rite Aid about 6 blocks from the pier but your pushin your luck with your flight landing at 10:30.......

Jeepenfun,

Last year we sailed out of San Diego and just a couple of blocks from the pier was a drug store.........can't remember the name, but we bought water and they had plenty of soft drinks there also. We were staying in the Holiday Inn across from the pier and the store was just up the street behind the hotel.

Jeepenfun,

Last year we sailed out of San Diego and just a couple of blocks from the pier was a drug store.........can't remember the name, but we bought water and they had plenty of soft drinks there also. We were staying in the Holiday Inn across from the pier and the store was just up the street behind the hotel.

Its a Rite Aid;)

Jeepenfun,

I'm seaching Google Earth now i'm finding lots of convieniance stores, groceries stores within 2-3 blocks of the port. Google Earth is da bomb :cool:

Found it. about 2 blocks from the port.

Corner of west ash street and Kettner blvd.

Theres a 7-Eleven about the same distance away straight east of the port next ot the Amtrak station.

Hey Brad don't underestimate how much time you will lose with transportation, getting your bags at the airport etc.... With your flight getting in at 10:30 then you gotta get your bags find transportation go get pop, etc..... Your going to be hard pressed to have enough time to go down the coast to the Naval Museum. If your flight gets a 2 hour delay your hosed.......

Also landing at the airport around 10-10:30 isn't much of a problem when port is only next door to the airport and the ship doesn't leave till 4pm. They don't start letting people on till about 1:30 because according it the ships schedule it docks that morning from the previous cruise. Thats a quick turn around to dock by 8am, previous passengers disembark and next passengers on and out of there by 4pm same day.

They don't start letting people on till about 1:30 because according it the ships schedule it docks that morning from the previous cruise. Thats a quick turn around to dock by 8am, previous passengers disembark and next passengers on and out of there by 4pm same day.

People will be at the area between 10:30- 11am..and onboard by noon.

Cruiselines want you to believe that they start the processing at 1:30 - that is when most of the people show up.

Last cruise people will be off the ship by 10am.

We just sailed on the Legend on 8/26 we packed 12 cans of pepsi and 6 large bottles of water in a soft cooler put a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porters. It arrived safe and sound right after the muster drill. We also picked up another 12 pack of water while in Key West and just carried it on board and had no problem!

We are packing 12oz bottles of Pepsi (12 of them), 12 bottles of Propel, and 4 bottles of vitiam water in a hard sided suitcase to check. Too heavy to lug behind us. Plus we have an extra suitcase for disembarkment.

On our last cruise, we bought ourself drink coupons on the Carnival site. They're under gifts. We only brought bottled water onboard. They gave the coupons to us at dinner the first night.

Sewut

Are you able to purchase any type of alcoholic drink with the coupons or are they limited to certain drinks? For instance, a martini versus a vodka/soda.

Thanks in advance.

>"I think Jane just wants to order 6 drinks at a time..which to me is the same as a 6-pack. From the above post she isnt interested in price, just convenience"

Thanks! I just used 6 as an example. I just want to have some Diet Coke available at the odd times, without having to ring for someone. But going from the airport to the port in a taxi, I didn't want to have to stop somewhere to buy some and then re-pack the bags before dropping them off.

I appreciate everyone's help.

The airport isn't that far from the pier so I think i'd garb a cab and spend the extra $25 so you will be able to get your pop. I think there's a Rite Aid about 6 blocks from the pier but your pushin your luck with your flight landing at 10:30.......

I would take a taxi from the airport and have it stop at a store on the way. The ride from the airport to the pier is MAYBE 20 min. I do not recall any store walking distance from the pier but I was not looking for one either. It has been a couple of months however, and perhaps I did not notice or have forgotten. /COLOR]

If you are going on the Elation she is fantasy class ship and in very fine shape. I enjoyed my 5 day on her down to Cabo back in June very much. I have booked another on her in Dec. (I know, I know but I LIKE the fantasy class ships)

[

COLOR=black]Regarding 10:30 .. you will have 4+ hours to get on the ship. You could darn near walk from the airport and get on the ship with time to spare. There are exception but I rarely get on a ship before 1:30. By waiting, the lines are not long and often nonexistent. My cabin is ready when I board etc. It also seems last baggage on is the first delivered to the room.

Anyone know if theres a place to buy Pepsi whether it's 2 liter bottles, 6 pack bottles or a 12 pack cans anywhere close to the port in San Diego like the airport or a grocery or convienance store a street or 2 away from the port? Cruise were looking at doing were flying into San Diego and taking a shuttle down the street to the port but wondered if we should fill our suit case with pepsi at one of the airport stores or if theres a store next to the port. We don't want to walk to far with carrying suit cases. We also don't want to put soda pop in our luggage to check on the plane. Denver airport they xray every piece of checked baggage and big 2 liter bottles or 12 pack cans of fluids are a no no plus it's hard enough with the size of our luggage to keep it under 50lbs and not have to fork over $25-$50 each bag for the extra weight.

I'm assuming Carnaval doesn't care about the weight of your luggage as much as the airlines do?

There is not a convenience store very close to the port. There are a few within a 5-10 block radious, but not close enough that you'd want to drag all your luggage walking to.

I don't want coupons. I just want to know if there is a place on the Legend where I can buy a 6 pack of Diet Coke or water. I don't want to bother dragging them onboard.

Thanks

For goodness sake you have been given good advice - if you dont like it phone carnival and ask. You have a mini bar in your cabin!!!!!! unless you can drink 8 -12 sodas in one sitting then there should be enough for you and your steward can re stock it for you.

There is not a convenience store very close to the port. There are a few within a 5-10 block radious, but not close enough that you'd want to drag all your luggage walking to.

In earlier posts we actualy found a Rite-Aid and 7-Eleven using Google Earth that are only 2-3 blocks away from the port (less then a 1/4 mile) A very quick easy walk for me if I leave the wife with the luggage at the port. For all I know I may just spend the extra $1-$2 that a 6 pack of bottles or 12 pack cans cost in one of the gift stores inside the airport. That'll be were I look first after we get off the plane and get our luggage. Every airport i've ever been in has gift and small convenience stores in the terminals.

A 6 pack of the pepsi bottles would last me on the cruise. I only need my pepsi first thing in the morning, It's my version of the morning coffee. I hate regular coffee, stuff is gross. puke.gif

Archived