Carrying On Sodas & Water

Askshorty

Hi Everyone,

I have read the many threads about being able to carry on reasonable amounts of soda and water, at least on Carnival, in checked luggage, but has anyone actually carried it on with carry on luggage or carried it on seperate from checked luggage? Just wondering if anyone had any issues, either with Carnival or the Port Security.

Askshorty

Carnival Holiday 9/15/07

Carnival Celebration 12/8/06 (Honeymoon)

Hi Everyone,

I have read the many threads about being able to carry on reasonable amounts of soda and water, at least on Carnival, in checked luggage, but has anyone actually carried it on with carry on luggage or carried it on seperate from checked luggage? Just wondering if anyone had any issues, either with Carnival or the Port Security

Since its allowed in carry ons, the vast majority bring it on that way. Checked luggage is usually reserved for smuggling liquor.

We took a case of water and one of gatoraid wrapped in the heavy shipping plastic it comes in.

The porters just put a room tag right on the case.

No problem at all.

However, some that I had packed in a softside cooler arrived crushed.

And it takes a good bit of pressure to crush a sealed water bottle.

If you look at the huge bins that they chunk the luggage into, it is surprising that more stuff is not crushed actually.

We just carried a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi on all by itself - a gentleman at the port (Mobile) told us next time to bring a little more money instead of sodas - we told him the day Carnival starts serving Pepsi products instead of Coke we would do just that.

We just carried a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi on all by itself - a gentleman at the port (Mobile) told us next time to bring a little more money instead of sodas - we told him the day Carnival starts serving Pepsi products instead of Coke we would do just that.

Wow, that was really rude of him!

We are bringing a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and a 12 pack of Diet Coke on our cruise in 2 days, in our checked luggage. We don't smuggle alcohol, but we always bring sodas so we can have them on hand in our stateroom. I put the 12 packs in two garbage bags and pack it with our clothes. I've never had anything leak, and the garbage bags are great for dirty clothes. After we drink the sodas, we then have room to pack the liquor we purchase on the ship for the trip home ;)

I take quite a huge amount of Caffeine Free Diet Coke and Coke Zero. Neither is available on the ship. I have an old hard sided suitcase. I wrap the cases in garbage bags but have never had a problem except the strange looks from the porters when they lift the heavy suitcase. I always tip extra for their efforts.:) Leaving out of Mobile in 23 days.

Hi Everyone,

I have read the many threads about being able to carry on reasonable amounts of soda and water, at least on Carnival, in checked luggage, but has anyone actually carried it on with carry on luggage or carried it on seperate from checked luggage? Just wondering if anyone had any issues, either with Carnival or the Port Security.

Askshorty

Carnival Holiday 9/15/07

We just sailed on the Legend on 8/26 we packed 12 cans of pepsi and 6 large bottles of water in a soft cooler put a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porters. It arrived safe and sound right after the muster drill. We also picked up another 12 pack of water while in Key West and just carried it on board and had no problem!

Anyone know if theres a place to buy Pepsi whether it's 2 liter bottles, 6 pack bottles or a 12 pack cans anywhere close to the port in San Diego like the airport or a grocery or convienance store a street or 2 away from the port? Cruise were looking at doing were flying into San Diego and taking a shuttle down the street to the port but wondered if we should fill our suit case with pepsi at one of the airport stores or if theres a store next to the port. We don't want to walk to far with carrying suit cases. We also don't want to put soda pop in our luggage to check on the plane. Denver airport they xray every piece of checked baggage and big 2 liter bottles or 12 pack cans of fluids are a no no plus it's hard enough with the size of our luggage to keep it under 50lbs and not have to fork over $25-$50 each bag for the extra weight.

I'm assuming Carnaval doesn't care about the weight of your luggage as much as the airlines do?

Just note that when carrying on your soda and water-- you wont be able to get to the cabins until 1:30. If you are the lucky ones getting onboard about noon you will be schlepping the stuff around with you until that time the cabins are secured.

>"They're about $2 per can on the ship. That's why we buy a 12 pack (usually for under 3 bucks) and bring it with us!"

Thanks, but I want to know if I can buy more than one can/bottle at a time and where does this occur? I don't want to call room service each time I want a soda. It's the convenience for us, not the price.

(Although you make a good case for buying some beforehand, I don't want to be bothered.)

Hi Everyone,

Askshorty

Carnival Holiday 9/15/07

I carried on 6 bottles of water, and 6 bottles of soda in a plastic bag. I don't know how much you had in mind, but it was just me. My grandson was my cabin mate, he drank the water only while in the cabin.

>"They're about $2 per can on the ship. That's why we buy a 12 pack (usually for under 3 bucks) and bring it with us!"

Thanks, but I want to know if I can buy more than one can/bottle at a time and where does this occur? I don't want to call room service each time I want a soda. It's the convenience for us, not the price.

(Although you make a good case for buying some beforehand, I don't want to be bothered.)

They will sell you as many as you want. If you like soda, maybe you should purchase a fountain card, then you can drink as much as you want.

I'm a Pepsi Product Person as well.

If you are staying in a suite aboard the Legend you will have a minibar with canned beverages for purchase, just make sure your cabin steward restocks!

Happy cruising!

Hi, first time cruiser here. We are flying into San Diego. I was wondering the same thing. Can you pack soda safely in checked luggage?? :confused:

for flying?? why waste your luggage allowance for soda--which weighs a great deal.

get your cab to stop at the nearest store before you get to the port.

On our last cruise, we bought ourself drink coupons on the Carnival site. They're under gifts. We only brought bottled water onboard. They gave the coupons to us at dinner the first night.

Sewut

I don't want coupons. I just want to know if there is a place on the Legend where I can buy a 6 pack of Diet Coke or water. I don't want to bother dragging them onboard.

Thanks

I just made that decision. We will sail on the Elation on Saturday. I called Carnival's Bon Voyage and ordered a six pack of Coke for our room, also ordered drink coupons to surprise my husband. The person at Bon Voyage said the Coke would be in our room when we arrive and we will receive the drink coupons at dinner, so I can sign for them.:)

I don't want coupons. I just want to know if there is a place on the Legend where I can buy a 6 pack of Diet Coke or water. I don't want to bother dragging them onboard.

Thanks

No, there is no place on board to buy a six pack of cokes to keep in your cabin. But you will have a minibar in your room if you are in a suite, and the minibar will have canned cokes.

No, there is no place on board to buy a six pack of cokes to keep in your cabin. But you will have a minibar in your room if you are in a suite, and the minibar will have canned cokes.

You can order 6 cokes through room service or any bar. All cabins on Legend have a minifridges with canned cokes, not just suites.

Archived