HMC BBQ lunch

winemistress45

I tried to get the cabana with butler and I'm wait listed-- even without the butler there are trays of fruit and veggies that are certainly plenty for me to nibble on -- but we'll see if we actually get one of the cabanas ---

I know when I was on another cruise and was ill and didn't go to the private island that the dining room was definitely open for lunch.

There are many people who don't leave the ship for whatever their reasons are...perhaps it will be the same on this cruise too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I think every cruise line has the same menu for the private island. Grilled chicken, ribs, salads and cake and ice cream. None will knock your socks off. If you have enough rum punch or pina coladas it won't matter.

read earlier some drinks were free on HMCdoes this inclued rum punch or other alcohol

The BBQ lunch served on HMC was amazing!! There were several lines set up so you didn't have to wait long. They had hot dogs, hamburgers, jerk chicken and various salads [non mayo because it is so hot]. Fresh fruit, cookies and brownies were also available along with iced tea, fruit punch and water. It was in a shaded picnic pavilion. I was just there last month so I remember it well. It was so nice not to have to go back to the ship for lunch. Previous posters are right, no dining room lunch on port days. So it would be buffet either on the ship or on the island. I vote for the island!!

Archived