Devils Bridge/The Natural Bridge & Darkwood

Abberboo

HI Everyone, I am planning what we will do in Antigua this time, we go to Long Bay all the time when we cruise but this time think we are doing Darkwood Beach but I also want to go to this Natural Bridge I keep hearing about. This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if the Devils Bridge and The Natural Bridge are the same thing?

Thanks!!!

*Also, I hear Darkwood is beautiful, quiet, non crowded and you can eat somewhere there. Is there also an umbrella or chairs to rent? If not is there any shade?

• 2 weeks later...
HI Everyone, I am planning what we will do in Antigua this time, we go to Long Bay all the time when we cruise but this time think we are doing Darkwood Beach but I also want to go to this Natural Bridge I keep hearing about. This might be a stupid question but does anyone know if the Devils Bridge and The Natural Bridge are the same thing?

Thanks!!!

*Also, I hear Darkwood is beautiful, quiet, non crowded and you can eat somewhere there. Is there also an umbrella or chairs to rent? If not is there any shade?

Yes they are the same thing. Interesting but really only worth short stop and a few photos.

The problem with doing the Natural bridge and Darkwood Beach on the same day is that they are not that close to each other. The Natural Bridge is closer to Long Bay Beach. Although - I have heard nice things about Darkwood and am considering going there the next time I am in Antigua. Sorry since I have not been there - I can't tell you more about Darkwood.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

Darkwood beach is one of those places where you can stay forever. Yes there is a resturant with chairs. When I was there not too many people. May-be at the most 35 scattered. I have some pictures on webshots under kylescoolmom. It is the most beautiful beach I ever seen.

4-601-56.hellsgate.x.jpg4-602-13.hellsgate.x.jpg3199.jpg

Thank you so much for this info and wonderful pictures! Two things I was wondering, were people snorkeling, did you snorkel or see people snorkeling? Also is this a beach enough people go to that we will be ok to get a cab back to the ship? I prefer less crowded beaches so I think you have helped me make up my mind!

Thanks again!:)

Archived