Zuiderdam MAJOR Drydock/Refurbishment

My family has been on the Zuiderdam twice and the last time the ship was looking very worn. We are considering sailing to Europe on her next summer, but were concerned about sailing on a worn out ship.

I called Holland America today and a representative told me that the Zuiderdam will undergo a 21 day refurbishment in April, 2008 which she said is supposed to be major.

Does anybody know any details? For example, will the soft goods (i.e. drapes/bedding/carpeting) be replaced etc, etc...?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best,

Jeff

If you're planning to sail to Europe on her you'd be sailing before the drydock.

If you're planning to sail on her in the Summer it will be after the drydock, and she should be spiffed up nicely. She will also get her aft-lift while she's in drydock.

We are planning on sailing in July 2008. The drydock is in April 2008 for 21 days. I am interested in learning if the ship is goint to get a major facelift??? Perhaps a la Eurodam style...?

Probably more a la Westerdam style, or so I have heard. :rolleyes:

we sailed on her last december and the whole ship was great. Crew always cleaning everything.

Yes, there was some wear and tear, but nothing to be annoyed about and not to worry about.

As a matter of fact, my entire family is sailing her again next month.

I'm sailing on the Zuidy for Thanksgiving -- is it super rundown -- ugh!!!
I've sailed on the Veendam, which is 6 years older than the Zuiderdam. Fuss budgets could nit-pick about some minor things, but it was NOT "super rundown". HAL maintains its ships very well, IMO, and I have no hesitation about sailing on the Zuiderdam this December.
Probably more a la Westerdam style, or so I have heard. :rolleyes:
Exactly the same. If you want to know about the Zuiderdam refit, read about the Westerdam's. People who sailed on the Westerdam before and after said it was hard to believe it was the same ship, and she is 2 years newer than the Zuiderdam.

Archived