can I catch an early flight

ghgeckos

Rule of thumb is to not book anything before noon, but I did the same type of cruise last year and had absolutely no problem making a 10:55am flight. I was booked on a 1:30pm flight, but got off the boat and to the airport so quickly that I was able to grab an earlier standby.

Personally, I wouldn't gamble with booking a flight before noon...just in case. Just in case the ship is late, or someone's immigration information is messed up, or in case something crazy happens and it takes too long to get to the airport. I'd book a noon flight and just get to the airport and try for an earlier standby. But that's just me.

When I was waiting to board a cruise last year, the previous cruise was very late debarking because of some problem with immigration. The last people got off a little before noon. That being said, we had friends on our cruise who booked a return flight at 10:30 and made it because we got off the ship so quickly.

That was the good news. . . .The bad news was that *my* flight left at 8:30 that night, so I know what you mean about wanting to get out early if possible. I still think you're right in doing the stand-by if possible.

Archived