Whitsundays Tours

westoz

Hi We are thinking of going to Daydream Island from our stop in Whitsundays. Has anyone done this? If so do you know if it is the same trip that is offered by Fantasea? It looks the same to me but the P&O trip is about $50 dearer. Also we are looking at doing the ATV tour in Cairns. I found one that caters for 12yrs and up. It is a half day tour so we will still have time to look around. Any comments/ideas welcome.

hi westoz,

I am based in townsville (between Cairns and Whitsundays) and often have to deliver goods to the Whitsundays region.

took my family over to daydream about 12 months ago via Fantasea - Daydream is the closest to mainlad, only takes about 10 minutes to get there.

There are two sections - one is for day visitors which comprises of a big swimming pool (nice) a small string of shops comprising of a small boutique, bakery and a restaurant. The mini golf which is part of the complax is wonderful fun for the family...I believe they spent a fair bit of money on it and it is very nicely themed... You can also hire jet skis from the beach front for about $50 for 15-20 minutes from memory?? The beach is nothing to talk about - you would be happier I think to stay at the big pool...

The other section is the resort section which is about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the day section. I dont know what facilities you can use there, not many I'm sure... but nice for a quick s

For a lazy day beside a pool and a fun game of mini golf - this could be nice for a small family..

Hope this helps

........The other section is the resort section which is about a 10 minute leisurely walk from the day section. I dont know what facilities you can use there, not many I'm sure... but nice for a quick s.......

Have stayed at Daydream Island twice, including our honeymoon (sounds so much better than West Molle island). Last time was around 5 years ago though, but there are signs as you approach the resort saying guests only. Like a cruise ship, the resort spending is done on the room card.

Cheers

Geoff

geoff do you mean south molle island??

Ive only been to South Molle and Hamilton... south mole is more of the... backpackers kind of resort where as hamilton is much more expensive. If i were you id organise a trip of snorkling and going to whitehaven beach, its truly spectular...

No, he definately means West Molle Island, aka Daydream Island.

I've alsto stayed on Daudream twice. LOVE IT. Last time we just spent 2 nights there about 12 years ago. The resort was still pretty new then. I spent 14 nights there 23 years ago. Very small resort back then. Not as flahy as the current one but more fun & much more friendly.

Karen

geoff do you mean south molle island??

Ive only been to South Molle and Hamilton... south mole is more of the... backpackers kind of resort where as hamilton is much more expensive. If i were you id organise a trip of snorkling and going to whitehaven beach, its truly spectular...

No, Daydream Island is one of the Molle group. It was originally named West Molle Island. Probably because it sounds too much like westie moll, they changed it to a more romantic Daydream Island.

Similar to Mystery Island, that was originally named Inyueg Island.

While we were at Daydream, one of our fave trips was to take a picnic hamper lunch over to Mid Molle Island on a dinghy. The island was not inhabited, so found a nice spot to relax and eat our lunch.

Cheers

Geoff

PS, Think of the marketing, and change the name back. "Welcome to West Molle Island, the home of Kath & Kim" :-)

No, Daydream Island is one of the Molle group. It was originally named West Molle Island. Probably because it sounds too much like westie moll, they changed it to a more romantic Daydream Island.

Similar to Mystery Island, that was originally named Inyueg Island.

While we were at Daydream, one of our fave trips was to take a picnic hamper lunch over to Mid Molle Island on a dinghy. The island was not inhabited, so found a nice spot to relax and eat our lunch.

Cheers

Geoff

PS, Think of the marketing, and change the name back. "Welcome to West Molle Island, the home of Kath & Kim" :-)

Hahaha Westie Moll island.. i love it... oh it would be Kath & Kims ultimate getaway location... mmm just think we would get to see kell in some speedos.... oh now thats a sight to see

Hahaha Westie Moll island.. i love it... oh it would be Kath & Kims ultimate getaway location... mmm just think we would get to see kell in some speedos.... oh now thats a sight to see

Sarah,

As per earlier comments, Whitehaven is gorgeous. The pool on Daydream is nice too - I hope the tavern is still there!

Would like to spend more time in Townsville too. DW has most of her family in North Queensland, with parents in Kelso & sister in Deeragun.

Kel definately deserves a mankini vomit-smiley-020.gif

Cheers

Geoff

Kel definately deserves a mankini vomit-smiley-020.gif

Cheers

Geoff

I have a noice lime green borat Mankini here, Andy chickened out of wearing it his Footy Mad Monday, Torren my no2 son works at Sanity so grabbed one!!

Perhaps you would like to borrow it for your cruise Geoff? Blend noicely with the safari suit:D

This is what we did for a trip to Whitehaven beach and had the best time

http://www.oceanrafting.com/ there are different tours to choose from, we had a lovely lunch on Whitehaven beach, only problem was it was stinger season and had to wear suits, we all looked like telly tubbies haha

Chez

xx

Oh ok... yep i know where they are... bit more out in the sticks then i am lol

hahaha love the mankini idea... my boyfriend actually has the lime green one too and he is going to wear it on the cruise for a laugh... cant wait to get a picture of peoples faces when he comes out in that one... i will have the camera ready and waiting

I have a noice lime green borat Mankini here, Andy chickened out of wearing it his Footy Mad Monday, Torren my no2 son works at Sanity so grabbed one!!

Perhaps you would like to borrow it for your cruise Geoff? Blend noicely with the safari suit:D

I think Andy has got good taste. Not sure I could even get away with wearing that over the Safari Suit. I just bought I nice pair of boardies, about the same length as cargo pants. Hopefully I can go straight from the pool to dinner.

Sarah, you have seen this post haven't you. Be warned, it is not pretty! :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10848420&postcount=34

A teletubbie in a mankini - Now that I would pay to see.

Cheers

Geoff

HAHAHA To make it worse.. i think they were wearing stockings too???

What can i say... men just look HOT in mankinis... haha

I know why they were wearing stockings.....cos everything just kinda hangs out the sides haha, I said to my DH "you cant wear that, there has to be a way to keep it all in" ahhh now I know hehe

Anyway, the lime green colour clashed with Andy's red hair!!!

Chez

xx

Archived