Rock Climbing Wall on the Pearl

romy

I've never rock climbed in my life I'm embarrassed to say as I live in Colorado:o . However, as I kid I climbed every tree in the neighborhood. To that end, my husband has challenged me to a race up:eek: . Since I know absolutely nothing about this experience; can two climb simultaneously? Pardon my ignorance. Any details appreciated to those who have made the climb.

P.S. We're also going to bowl, humor me-haven't cruised in 3 years and I'm going to do it all:rolleyes: !

Thanks!

Happy Sails!

Romy

I've never rock climbed in my life I'm embarrassed to say as I live in Colorado:o . However, as I kid I climbed every tree in the neighborhood. To that end, my husband has challenged me to a race up:eek: . Since I know absolutely nothing about this experience; can two climb simultaneously? Pardon my ignorance. Any details appreciated to those who have made the climb.

P.S. We're also going to bowl, humor me-haven't cruised in 3 years and I'm going to do it all:rolleyes: !

Thanks!

Happy Sails!

Romy

Enjoy the race :) It looks like you can have 3 people on the wall at once

2918417140059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

When we were on the Pearl in August, there was only one crew member,(the 5-6 times we were there ) working at the wall and can hold only one climbing rope at a time, . Don't know about other times. There are three routes. Easy on the left, medium on the right and difficult in the center and each has a bell at the top to ring. Each climber wears a helmet, a harness, and climbing shoes (socks are required, as we saw one person denied, then he turned around and borrowed his friend's socks).

Thanks Franklin and Seattle too! Guess I'll have to deal with helmet head. That really looks like fun, not to mention the eventual "view".

Dennis, you're on for bowling too, I'm usually completely hopeless, so with the sway, might break 100! We'll see.

Thanks again everyone!

Romy

Archived