Emerald Mattresses?

azsunshine

OK, I know there is a mattress thread discussing the full Princess line and the topic is beaten to death, but have any of you sailed on the Emerald with the new mattresses? Did you still need to ask for an extra egg carton foam mattress cover? I was really hoping for a vast improvement in the bedding. Let me know if I need to fax the request now.

Thanks!!

So, are all cabins on the Emerald furnished with the upgraded beds and bedding? On the older ships it's just the mini and full suites, right?

We were in an obstructed oceanview - so one of the cheapest cabins. I don't know what the bedding is normally like since it was our first cruise. The bedding was the duvet type, which I think it the "upgraded". The mattress wasn't overly thick, but it was new, so it was comfortable.

Just returned from 12 days on the Emerald and loved the bedding. Last summer we sailed on the Grand and the blanket seemed thread bare, it was awful. I hesitate going on an older ship because of this. It gave me the creeps.

OK, I know there is a mattress thread discussing the full Princess line and the topic is beaten to death, but have any of you sailed on the Emerald with the new mattresses? Did you still need to ask for an extra egg carton foam mattress cover? I was really hoping for a vast improvement in the bedding. Let me know if I need to fax the request now.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

We had a mini-suite.

Upon arrival I did a quick 'lay down' test to see if I wanted an egg crate. The bed was a bit hard for me so I requested an egg crate because I know they run out quickly. After the Egg Crate, the bed was WONDERFUL! Couldn't feel the crack down the middle as we had our 2 beds pushed together.

I am on the hunt to find out what type of pillow and duvet they use. I want to buy a set for my home! I think I will post a seperate thread to see if anybody knows.

We found the beds on the Emerald to be very firm. A bit too firm for us. I asked for an egg crate pad the 2nd day and they were all gone. We will definitely remember to ask for them ahead of time on our next cruise. However, the linens were wonderful!

Archived