Wee Jimmy on Glory???

kinggartk

Ryan Fitzgerald seems to float around from one ship to another as a substitute CD. We had the misfortune of sailing on the Conquest with him last Nov. We are THRILLED that he is not expected to be on the Glory when we sail next month!

You sure can Carm, get rid of the toe:rolleyes: one day, Wee Jimmy on the Valor in March :D I call that a win/win ;)

Oh Pegs..You're such a hoot :D

But I would really like to know where Wee Jimmy is going to be for an extended period of time. I want to try to book a cruise with him. My husband hears me talk about him all the time, so I want him to get to experience Weeeeeee Jimmy! :rolleyes: :p

Oh Pegs..You're such a hoot :D

But I would really like to know where Wee Jimmy is going to be for an extended period of time. I want to try to book a cruise with him. My husband hears me talk about him all the time, so I want him to get to experience Weeeeeee Jimmy! :rolleyes: :p

I have seen so many threads and or posts about this Wee Jimmy, tell me about him. I just read a post a couple of weeks ago that John Heald is going to be on the Splendor when we go to Europe, in 365 days BTW ;) , have you ever sailed with him, and if so, what is he like?

So, what did the toe say when you told her :confused:

I have seen so many threads and or posts about this Wee Jimmy, tell me about him. I just read a post a couple of weeks ago that John Heald is going to be on the Splendor when we go to Europe, in 365 days BTW ;) , have you ever sailed with him, and if so, what is he like?

So, what did the toe say when you told her :confused:

I've never sailed with John Heald (well, he might have been the CD on my first cruise..who knows. I can't remember that guys' name!). I have heard good things about him though.

Wee Jimmy is just a cute little Scottish guy. He was the social director on my first cruise but he really stole the show...which is why I can't even remember the CD. Wee Jimmy was always out and about on the ship talking with passengers. Just a very nice guy. Not to mention his cute little accent...:D

Pegs...I emailed you about her reaction :rolleyes:

I'm likely going to get flamed but I was on Glory Aug. 25th -Sept.1, and Wee Jimmy was an absent CD. We never saw him and he mumbled every announcement over the PA. John Heald is a much better CD.

Hmmm....Like I said, I didn't have him as a CD, he was only a Social Director then...So maybe he's different now??? :confused: Or maybe he had an off day.

But I think you're right, I have heard that John Heald is the best of the best! :D

Dont' worry about being flamed, I know there are plenty of people on here who didn't like Wee Jimmy and found his accent and his announcements to be annoying. :rolleyes: To each his own I guess.

WEEEEEEEEE Jimmy was awesome on the Glory last week, he was all over the place. What a goof ball! He is very good at his job. He seems to do a good job at motivating his social hosts, because they were great too.

MAC

Apparently Wee Jimmy got tuckerd out on your cruise.

He was almost completely absent on our cruise this past week.

If it wasn't for seeing him on the TV in our cabin (which he could have mailed in from Port Canaveral) I would have no clue what he was like.

He seemed pretty funny and likeable.

But we were staying on the Lido deck and spent the majority of our time there and on the Promenade deck all week and never saw Wee Jimmy one time.....

Only saw him at the madatory CD shows and talks (Debarkation, Newlywed game, etc..)

He somehow managed to run late on the Newlywed game and rushed through and butchered it.

I assume he is in charge of setting up activities for the entire week onboard.

Which for our cruise were sorely lacking.

Either of our two 4 day Sensation cruises, easily had many more actvities and games, than the entire 7 days on the Glory had.

The days in Port, had absolutely NOTHING scheduled during the docked hours.

Which on a cruise, where the vast majority of cruisers had no idea about the two changed ports until they arrived at the terminal, I would imagine there was likely more people staying onboard in Progresso and Key West, than would on a normal cruise.

I plan on sitting down with my complete set of Capers from both Sensation cruises and comparing them with the set of Capers from this cruise.

I just assumed, much larger ship, almost twice as many people to entertain, more available venues for events and games and of course the wonderful "Wee" Jimmy running the show, I figured my Wife and I would be debating which event or game to attend rather than scheduling our day around attending the very few that were offered.:eek:

I am just going to chock up this week that hopefully "Wee" Jimmy was just having an extremely off week and hope that he does a much better job on the Glory's upcoiming cruises.

Bill

I have to completely disagree with the above post. I was on the Glory this past week and saw WEEEEEEEEEEE Jimmy EVERYWHERE. I thought he was outstanding as a cruise director. I've never laughed so hard as I did the last night seeing him dressed as Dolly Parton.

Funny how 2 people can be on the same ship and have much different experiences.

Have a great day!

Sounds like we got the ultimate.....John Heald and Weeee Jimmy together. We had them on our first Triumph cruise and loved them both. I have sailed twice with Weeee Jimmy and thought he was wonderful, friendly and funny. John Heald is the best CD we have ever had. Him and Wee Jimmy together were the best.

I agree with bguppies. I was on the same cruise.....didn't see him until the Legends show. He was funny as Dolly. Did not see him out anywhere at all.

geaux_aces: you must have been the guy sitting behind me laughing his a$$ off..lol!

I really didn't think he was anything that special. But then, a CD doesn't make or break my cruise.

I have yet to sail with Wee Jimmy, but I will be next month. However, I just wanted to say that we are all human, and we all have good days and bad days/weeks/months..... On the cruise where WJ was absent, maybe he was either sick or had a personal problem. You just never know. Hopefully, he will be at his best on the Oct. 13 sailing!

Archived