Villa Vera Beach Club PV

Palomino

Has anybody ever been to Villa Vera Beach Club just outside of PV? I found it on Frommers and it looks interesting. It is supposed to be 20 minutes north of PV. It isn't a hotel, but it look like they have a nice beach and pools.

I would love to hear from someone who is familiar with this place.

• 2 weeks later...

I go there often, and they recently changed the name back to Los Veneros. It is by the Rancho Banderas resort, about 30 to 40 minutes via taxt from the cruise ship dock. You can take an ATM bus from in front of Wal-Mart (the bus stop closest to VIPS restaurant) but you will have to walk from the highway about a kilometer, and if you don't know where to get off the bus, it is best to pay for a taxi.

If you take a taxi, be sure to NOT take the taxi's by the cruise ship dock, they are Federal Zone taxis and more expensive- best to go over to the gas station and get a yellow city taxi.

The beach club is awesome! Two pools, one is an inifinty pool with a swim up bar, the other is down closer to the ocean. They have nice bathrooms, showers, towels (included in entrance fee of 120 pesos)... the restaurant is pretty good and reasonable.

Over-all, an excellent place to spend the day!

Plus, the ocean here is very nice, more shallow than inside the city of Vallarta, and great for swimming. They also have boogie boards available if you want to do some boarding if the conditions are right for it. I should mention, you can snorkel to the right, near the rocks....not excellent snorkeling, but from shore, not too bad.

Archived