Diamond Secrets

MattOsprey

Schhhh! don't tell everyone.

We are going on Diamond in 5 weeks. We were wondering if there are any insider tips. Like pools no one else knows about. Anything really.

All replies kept in the strictest confidence. Just between me-you-and anyone who reads this thread(about 1000).

Thanks

If I told you, I would have to kill you.

Seriously, I enjoyed the outside promenade deck (deck 7 then toward the front you go up some stairs to deck 8). Very few people were there outside most of the time so very nice place for full forward viewing. Bring a blanket and/or a hot drink. Was excellent for glacier viewing in Alaska. That is my best tip.

John

My favorite places....

Forward Promenade area as mentioned - Deck 8, access from Deck 7. (also door to Crew Bar is here)

Aft pool area on Aloha Deck, nice quiet deck chairs to lounge/read in. Close to buffet & bar area, no pestering drink servers.

Thermal Sanctuary - Must purchase pass from Spa staff, one price for the whole cruise.

Free Spa Area's - Locker rooms have large showers (better than in your room), dry sauna, & steam sauna.

If you are using the spa lockers don't take a lot of stuff, not many were available and they are not very big.

Art Gallery - Plaza (Deck 5?) Forward area

Wake View Bar - Tiny and hidden under club fusion. To get there look for the stairs at the back of the dance floor.

There are probably many more but this is what I found during my week aboard.

Word of warning - At sailaway from any port the area on top of the bridge looks like the place to be. There were nice views but you are VERY close to the Horn when sounding the ships departure. It sounds without warning & will scare the "ship" right out of you. Be sure to hold onto your camera and cocktail.

My favorite places....

Word of warning - At sailaway from any port the area on top of the bridge looks like the place to be. There were nice views but you are VERY close to the Horn when sounding the ships departure. It sounds without warning & will scare the "ship" right out of you. Be sure to hold onto your camera and cocktail.

COOL! We'll make sure we're there! I love to turn the camera to 'video' mode and record the whistle.

Doug

I didn't look, but if you are going to Alaska (that's where we went on that ship), take early morning walks around the deck with a cup of coffee. There aren't many people, it is a bit on the chilly side, and quite windy, but you will love it, we did!

Also, don't miss the horse racing. What a ball!

Ohiodoglover

Archived