What to do in Montego Bay

RCI Cruiser

Originally I was going to go to Dunn's river falls and just endure the 1 1/2 hour drive to Ocho Rios. With all the travel advisory's and what-not out there now I'm not so sure if that's what we want to do. Although that's still up in the air.

Anyway, assuming we decide just to stay in Montego Bay does anyone have an reccomendations on things to do?

Originally I was going to go to Dunn's river falls and just endure the 1 1/2 hour drive to Ocho Rios. With all the travel advisory's and what-not out there now I'm not so sure if that's what we want to do. Although that's still up in the air.

Anyway, assuming we decide just to stay in Montego Bay does anyone have an reccomendations on things to do?

I would love to know as well - thinking of doing a cruise next summer that stops in Montego Bay. I have started a new thread in this forum addressing this...

travel advisories are put out by the U.S. Government warning travelers of potential "hot spots" which might require a tourist to be extra careful. most of these advisories exist to inform and protect U.S. citizens of potential trouble spots, eg... political unrest,military coups, etc.....

one of our favorite things to do in MoBay is the Rockland bird sancturary. it is less than 15 minutes from the port. I would strongly encourage a local guide in MoBay.... you might look at http://www.barrettadventures.com for more information. Carolyn is a great guide and a sweet person... you can see some of my pics at http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com

My wife and I wimped out and just went to Sunset Beach and did a little shopping in and close to the terminal. There are two or three threads going on SB if you're interested. Beat staying on the ship!

Happy cruising,

JHC

• 2 weeks later...

Archived