Luaus - Transportation from pier

WichitaDave

Are there any luau packages on Maui or Honolulu that include transportation from the pier? Roberts tells me they only serve NCL ships, so thats not an option as we go on Rhapsody of the Seas next week. I saw something about PCC using a minibus of some sort, but no details. Any others? Thanks!

• Administrators
Are there any luau packages on Maui or Honolulu that include transportation from the pier? Roberts tells me they only serve NCL ships, so thats not an option as we go on Rhapsody of the Seas next week. I saw something about PCC using a minibus of some sort, but no details. Any others? Thanks!

I've never heard anyone mention a Maui luau that picks up people from the pier or from hotels, but that doesn't mean they don't -- you could check two of the most popular Maui luaus (Old Lahaina Luau and Feast at Lele) sites as a quick-check to see if they offer transportation, or whatever other luau has caught your fancy if it's not one of those. The Rhapsody tenders at Lahaina -- both luaus I mentioned above are in Lahaina so you should be able to take a quickie cab ride or even walk to them from the tender pier.

On Oahu, I know Germaine's and Paradise Cove do offer a transportation service -- but they have scheduled pickups in Waikiki for those, and I'm not sure the pier is one of them as it's not in Waikiki proper. However, you could take local transport (bus or cab) to the nearest hotel to meet the luau transportation. From the irony department, Paradise Cove uses Robert's buses for their transportation from Waikiki to Ko'Olina on Oahu. The Polynesian Cultural Center offers transportation, as well -- for more info here's their site on it: http://www.polynesia.com/transportation/.

I think you will have several choices, because per the RCCL website you have overnights in both places. You might want to research all the luau options and choose the one that most interests you, then firm up transportation arrangements. There are a lot of threads here about luaus, as you can imagine. If you do a search on the Hawaii board (use advanced search, limit it to the Hawaii Ports of Call Board, limit it to the last six months and use the search terms "maui luau" or "oahu luau") I think you will find a lot of great on-point "been there, done that" information to help you narrow down the choices.

None of the west Maui luaus will provide transportation from the piers. If you're tendered in Lahaina, then OLL or Feast at Lele are easily accessible. Feast at Lele is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the pier; OLL is a bit more than a mile, so you could walk on the way to, but you really should taxi back because it's after dark and you're on the shoulder of a busy road with large gaps in lights. There's also Royal Lahaina Luau, which is actually at the Royal Lahaina Resort in Ka'anapali and about 15 minutes drive or less from the pier. You could easily taxi without it breaking the bank.

If you want more information about these luaus, I suggest an advanced search (advanced search only, not "regular" search) for those specific ones and go back only a few months because this subject comes up constantly and has been discussed in depth several time just in the past several weeks.

For Oahu, I know a few of the luaus do have packages that pick up at certain hotels, but I don't know which ones, how much, or if they even consider picking up pax at the pier. I'd go directly to the PCC website and/or contact them to find out about any shuttle service they have because PCC is almost 1-1/2 hours one way from the pier. For any of the others closer to Honolulu, you might do a web search for tour companies which work with those luaus and do packages which would include transportation. Other than that, taxi, rental car, or The Bus is your best bet. If you are there on an evening that the Royal Hawaiian does their luau, you could consider it because that's only about $15 by taxi one way. Again, an advanced search as suggested by MichellP is your best bet. Limit it to "oahu luau" or "PCC luau" or such to get the best results. This also has been discussed a lot recently. Look at polodad's thread with my name in the title. I did a search for him (in the spirit of aloha and to show how it can easily be done) and included three links with information about various Oahu luaus. I searched specifically for Germaines and Paradise Cove.

beachchick

Archived