San Pedro to LAX car rental

LV Cindy & Jon

We are on The Vision out of LA 10/7.

Am I correct that "Sailing From LA" is in San Pedro?

If so, does anyone know a car rental agency (except Enterprise, they are closed Sunday) that is in San Pedro and at LAX (for drop off).....we have 12 hours before we fly home and would like to go to Universal Studios for the day, but need a car rental to keep our luggage in. Or, any ideas on what to do with our luggage for the day?

Thank you for your help. Cindy

The only car rental company that services the San Pedro port is Enterprise. At least as far as I could find. We planned on renting a car and driving back to Vegas after our upcoming cruise but had to get the car at Long Beach Airport. I hope you find something closer, I couldn't.

LV Cindy & Jon, Enterprise will be open on Sunday. I am dropping one off on 1/13/08. Call the Pedro office at (310) 548-8060.

I know the internet says it is closed on Sunday but trust me, give them a call. I am dropping off at their office, not a hotel.

It's a good idea to call the Enterprise office but "dropping off" is different from being able to "pick up" a vehicle. Some places will allow you to park a car in a specific location and drop the keys in a slot to return the vehicle.

BTW, yes, RC ships will leave from San Pedro, as does Princess, and some other lines. Carnival leaves from Long Beach, a short distance away.

LV Cindy & Jon, Enterprise will be open on Sunday. I am dropping one off on 1/13/08. Call the Pedro office at (310) 548-8060.

I know the internet says it is closed on Sunday but trust me, give them a call. I am dropping off at their office, not a hotel.

I talked to Enterprise last week, and they are open until noon on Sundays starting this month.

I talked to Enterprise last week, and they are open until noon on Sundays starting this month.

It's too early right now, but I am encouraged by your post, so I am going to call the San Pedro Enterprise today. I need to drop off a car (after pickup at LAX) on December 30th and have been emailing and calling the Enterprise head office. This is a reply I received yesterday:

"Thank you for contacting Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Unfortunately non-Airport locations are closed on Sunday and the locations in San Pedro do not offer an after hours return. I apologize for any inconveniences."

Hopefully, I can get a straight (and honest) answer. I would hate to pre-pay for a rental, just to find out that I was stranded on December 30th!!!

Archived