Free Internet for full Suites?

tomcruiser1234

Do full suites get free internet?

We have some friends currently on the Carib Princess and they have a suite but were told they only get 250 minutes. They have also been told that some ship's are different and not all have same benefits

Anybody have a recent Full Suite?

Tell your friends to go talk to someone higher up. Full suites get unlimited FREE internet access, at least they did in April when we were on the Dawn. We just purchased a package, when that was gone, we purchased another package. All credited back to our account because of the full suite we had booked.

This is one of those times I think hunting out someone in the know would be the only way to go. I have NEVER heard of this being different rules for different ships.

The more I think about these passengers, the more I may understand the problem they are running into.

If they happened to ask how they sign on to the computer for 'unlimited' access on the ship, there is no way to do it. I was a bit confused at first also. I finally found someone that actually knew what they were talking about and had them explain it quickly to me.

When in a full suite, you can buy the largerst package available. When those minutes run out, you just buy another. Each is credited back to your account because of the full suite benefits. But if they are looking for a way to sign up for unlimited in the beginning, there is no way to do that. When they sign on with their room number, the computer will kick back the charge in all the full suites as a credit after purchase.

Remember though, this does not include mini suites, just full suites booked.

Well folks,

Just got off the phone with Princess customer relations and was told that Suites now get $200 pp and that unlimited has been cancelled. He also said that their new brochure for 2008 will say this now. I asked if this was the same amount for 7 day cruises verses a 30 day and he said that the amount is the same for either. Crazy????

I asked why the change and he said that what was happening is that some parents would allow their children to sit down all evening and E-mail friends. Unlimited was making it harder for others to get on.

31 days on the Saphire this april and we probably be buying some additional minutes. I promised my wife she would be able to E-mail the kid's anytime

OMG, you have got to be kidding? Which I am sure you are not.

This is really going to cause an uproar with some that have booked full suites because this was one of the perks they were after.

Hold onto you hat, this is not going to be pretty. :(

You might want to post this for others in a seperate thread, since you heard it straight from Princess. Just remind them all you are only the messenger, not the creator of this change. Either that or put on your bullet proof vest. After the uproar the lack of unlimited access caused April 1 of this year, this could get very scarey. :(

So if a Platinum or Elite CC member is in a full suite would they get the $200 suite allowance as well as their allowance for their CC level?

Well let's see. If you book a full suite and are Elite, you still only get one bar set up. My guess would be you don't get both combined for Internet access. OMG Princess is getting really cheap with their perks all of a sudden. :(

We were in PH and PS suites on our previous Princess Cruises and did not get charged for any internet minutes. I hate to admit it, I spent a lot of time doing an emergency deposition for the attorney I was working with. Also, my son was sending e-mails and doing things while on the ship. The only good thing about it was it was done on sea days while in Europe or at night. And I got paid for doing it. I did not sign up for any package because of the full suite benefit.

I believe my total hours spent on line was about 20. Did not pay anything for all that time. Boy did that perk pay for itself! They charged my bill every day and then they gave me a credit for the entire amount.

Your friend may be in a mini suite which does not count for free internet.

Platinum members used to get free internet, but Princess changed that policy to only give them a credit for the internet based on cruise length.

Hope this helps

Scott

We were in PH and PS suites on our previous Princess Cruises and did not get charged for any internet minutes. I hate to admit it, I spent a lot of time doing an emergency deposition for the attorney I was working with. Also, my son was sending e-mails and doing things while on the ship. The only good thing about it was it was done on sea days while in Europe or at night. And I got paid for doing it. I did not sign up for any package because of the full suite benefit.

I believe my total hours spent on line was about 20. Did not pay anything for all that time. Boy did that perk pay for itself! They charged my bill every day and then they gave me a credit for the entire amount.

Your friend may be in a mini suite which does not count for free internet.

Platinum members used to get free internet, but Princess changed that policy to only give them a credit for the internet based on cruise length.

Hope this helps

Scott

Nope he has the Grand Suite B2B.

However he did say that they backed down and are honoring the unlimited. Hey I would like nothing better but something has just changed.

OMG, you have got to be kidding? Which I am sure you are not.

This is really going to cause an uproar with some that have booked full suites because this was one of the perks they were after.

Hold onto you hat, this is not going to be pretty. :(

You might want to post this for others in a seperate thread, since you heard it straight from Princess. Just remind them all you are only the messenger, not the creator of this change. Either that or put on your bullet proof vest. After the uproar the lack of unlimited access caused April 1 of this year, this could get very scarey. :(

It really is crazy that they would limit the suites, there are maybe 12 full Suites on the bigger ship's. This will be are 2 cruise with princess so it is not like we expect what some folks have had for awhile, but unlimited is is a great perk and X' does not have.

I remember when the change occured in April that took away unlimited from Platinum and Elite members. I questioned why the Princess site didn't actually refer to one of the full suite amenities as 'unlimited' access to the internet cafe. It has always been worded as something to the effect of 'access to the internet cafe', but has never said one word about unlimited. When we sailed in April, one of the things friends asked me to check was if it indeed was unlimited, or they had put a ceilng on it.

As said, some have booked full suites with this unlimited perk being one of the main reasons (of coarse not the only reason). I am sad to say, I think Princess will really get some feed back from the suite lovers out there.

OK, off to download that 2008 brochure and have a look. Stay tuned! ;)

I remember when the change occured in April that took away unlimited from Platinum and Elite members. I questioned why the Princess site didn't actually refer to one of the full suite amenities as 'unlimited' access to the internet cafe. It has always been worded as something to the effect of 'access to the internet cafe', but has never said one word about unlimited. When we sailed in April, one of the things friends asked me to check was if it indeed was unlimited, or they had put a ceilng on it.

As said, some have booked full suites with this unlimited perk being one of the main reasons (of coarse not the only reason). I am sad to say, I think Princess will really get some feed back from the suite lovers out there.

OK, off to download that 2008 brochure and have a look. Stay tuned! ;)

Hey, I went ahead and posted a new thread as you suggested. I just told what the relations guy said.

I just downloaded the 2008 European brochure from Princess, and the description of the full suite amenities does not say one word about limited access.

It says "web access in the internet cafe". No mention of limited, no mention of unlimited, just as before. Hummmmmmmmmmm!

I just downloaded the 2008 European brochure from Princess, and the description of the full suite amenities does not say one word about limited access.

It says "web access in the internet cafe". No mention of limited, no mention of unlimited, just as before. Hummmmmmmmmmm!

Somebody else needs to make a quick call to customer relations and try to confirm what I was told. That is interesting about the brochure. I am going to speak with my TA tommorow and get him to call. Maybe he can pressure them into honoring it for the already booked cruise, since he just cancelled our B2B on the Mercury.

Well let's see. If you book a full suite and are Elite, you still only get one bar set up. My guess would be you don't get both combined for Internet access. OMG Princess is getting really cheap with their perks all of a sudden. :(

This may depend on the ship. My mom (she is elite) and I were in a full suite on the Sea Princess this summer and there were two minibar setups in the suite when we boarded. I had heard to expect only one so we were pleasantly surprised.

Tom, if you haven't already, feel free to join our very active roll call for the Sapphire 4/14/08 cruise. You'll find the link in my signature. We have a number of parties and shore excursions planned that should be fun.

Thanks for the invite. No we have not signed in yet but I have been lurking for month's. Got a lot of great info from you guys in fact you guys suggested the Marriot Via Price.....

I will probably sign on shortly

This may depend on the ship. My mom (she is elite) and I were in a full suite on the Sea Princess this summer and there were two minibar setups in the suite when we boarded. I had heard to expect only one so we were pleasantly surprised.

It just might. We were on the Dawn (sister ship to the Sea) in April in a full suite. We are both Elite and received only one mini bar set up. Go figure????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived